SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried opening doors this morning with 2 fobs with no luck. Same for the trunk. Opened trunk manually, battery is fine, over 12V. Unhooked battery cables for a bit and put them back. Battery is less than 1 year old. Now everything works fine and cAr starts with no messages. No codes. The only thought I haveis the alarm module.
Anyone had similar experience?

thanks

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Tried opening doors this morning with 2 fobs with no luck. Same for the trunk. Opened trunk manually, battery is fine, over 12V. Unhooked battery cables for a bit and put them back. Battery is less than 1 year old. Now everything works fine and cAr starts with no messages. No codes. The only thought I haveis the alarm module.
Anyone had similar experience?

thanks
If you got the trunk open I would have pushed the seats down and marine'd it through the car haha Funny sight in my head....sorry continue.

·
Registered
329 Posts
How old are the batteries in your key fobs? I've had weak key fob batteries cause similar issues on other cars.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Maybe the key fob needs to be reprogrammed to the car.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How old are the batteries in your key fobs? I've had weak key fob batteries cause similar issues on other cars.
1 year old. two fobs failing at the same time though? Both work fine now. I thought that it has to do with alarm system. Those modules do not last long. Time will tell I guess....

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Could be there is a local home-Alarmsystem interfering on the frequency your rc is sending. I have if from time to time if I park besides a bank (to get money) that the rc doesn't seems to work.
Known issue in Europe, Volvo made a Tech-note of it back in 2003.
I also have the Volvo alarm.
To my knowledge there was no fix for it, just park 5meters further nexttime or step a meter closer towards car when you press unlock.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sometimes if you hit press the fob too many times at too much of a distance it happens. I think the partial signals or something turn it into a Volvo Brick. This has happened to me with my dads V70, while he was on vacation in the winter and the tow truck and plow was coming. The key hole was frozen...2 bottles of lock defroster were useless, a gallon of window washer did the trick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts