SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Figure I would share learnings....

OK.. for a about a year .. my window would make some crazy rubbing noises when coming down.. basically the window rubbing on the rubber / felt window trim...

then the rubber trim started catching the window on the down and turning down into the door... (i didn't put it all together and really realize this was root cause problem until the end..)

this then caused the blue plastic sliding block to pop off the scissor lift mechanism..

i opened up the door panel and put the sliding block back together and thought it was all good...

nope.. the block kept popping off every other week or so....

of course with the window constantly falling off the track, would cause some crazy window jamming.. this led to the scissor mechanism getting screwed up... basically one of the arms would just drop because it was off the gears...

i ended up taking the scissor mechanism off the door and repairing it.. buying a new sliding block and putting it all back together... re-calibrated the window... everything worked great..

then i put the door panel back on (door panel includes the inner window seal).. and pop the sliding block pops off because of the seal turning into the window on the down...

now i figured i would buy a new inner window seal, but i ended up just silicone spraying the window seal.. and now all is good... I was going to use dry lube, but couldn't find it...

morale of the story: if you hear your window making rubbing noises, silicone spray the seals or you're in for a lot more work.....

Also, during my constant door panel removal, i must of bent the door pin a little bit... the clearances on the door pin mechanism are very tight... it started rubbing on something and was making the door lock mechanism go crazy... i thought the door lock mechanism was going bad.. but in reality i just needed to bend the door pin back to original form...

hopefully i can save others some pain.......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts