SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a busted mirror on my drivers side and a bad door handle on my passenger side rear door so I clearly need to take a couple of panels off. I've watched a video on YouTube and read threads/looked at pics on here and the process seems pretty simple but I cannot seem to pry the pins out. I push the centers in till they click and have tried prying with my fingers, a screwdriver, and an IPD bone tool but no luck. I did notice that the centers of my pins seem to be a lot smaller than the centers in the pics and videos I have seen online.

Anyone have any tips on removing these? I know that IPD makes a tool for this but I would like to avoid having to buy another tool and wait for it to ship from across the country.

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Push them all the way through with a small pick or a very small screwdriver. Then use a flat blade screwdriver to pry out the body of the plastic rivet. Make sure you get the flat blade in between the plastic rivet and the holder. If you try to take out the black rivet holder with the rivet still in there it won't come out. I can get a pic if you still have issues. Btw this works on my 06.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts