SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Door Lock (gdill2)

George,
Thanks for the reply and the resoursces! What I'm looking for is information on how to remove the cylinder lock itself. I've got the door panel off, and can see the mechanism, but I can't figure out how to remove it from the door.

Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Door Lock (volvo61)

Volvo61,

The lock should mount the same as the 122. My memory is a bit misty, but once the linkage is removed from the lock cylinder (should be a snap clip holding this in place; remove the clip with a skillfully applied flathead screwdriver), there should be a nut holding the lock cylinder assembly against the door sheetmetal. Apply liberal amounts of your penetrating oil of choice (I use Knock 'er Loose just because it's a cool name. Most people use WD-40 or Liquid Wrench. I don't think there's much difference between any of them. But if I've got a REAL problem child in front of me, I reach for the Lock-Ease. Hasn't failed me... ever. Love the stuff), then use a 'stubby' open-end wrench (or the longest one that'll fit in the door) to back off the nut. The lock cylinder then pulls right out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Door Lock (volvo61)

...Sorry, got carried away. Why are you interested in removing it? If there's a key broken off in it, it's definitely easier to have it removed by a locksmith (just had this done on my 144. Cost me $15).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts