SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again!<P>I have another problem... When I bought my car last year, the remote control was missing... then I found that the button on the door panel (that locks and opens all doors) locks all doors, but then (when pressed again) unlocks all doors except drivers door...<P>Then one day (it was very cold) my girlfriend tried to open the door on her side at the same time as I was unlocking the car from my drivers side with the key, and now the same story is with the passanger side door lock. It locks, but it will not unlock (neither by key or the button inside).<P>Now I have to first unlock my side and then bent over and manually open the door from inside... <P>It is kind of bad for me, because I have a problem with hernia, so it hurts like #### every time I open the door for her...<P> Thanks again !<P>

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think you should take your car to a dealer or mechanic and have them check it out with this and the mirror it seems like there are a few things that need to be replaced or something. <P>

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had to replace 2 door locks. The first was when I first bought the car and the dealer covered it and I'm not sure how it occured. The second occured in the manner you describe. It cost $150 to replace. I asked if anyone here knew if this was a common problem with this car, but no response. Ibeleive it is especially when someone tries to open the door while the remote is activating. I have warned my kids not to touch the door handle until it has finished. I hope no more problems.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have a 98 s70 and no problems. I used to work at a Volvo dealer and never heard of this problem. Maybe others have.<P>

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this problem, the dealer fixed it. As you have mentioned, my wife pulled as her door was unlocking. This broke the unlock but not lock function. Pretty lame, and low quality if you ask me.<P>John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts