SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any diagrams of the interior parts of the Amazon door? My passenger one seems to be holding a lot of water. I might be guilty of "adding" a few drain holes yesterday but there is still quite a bit sloshing around in there.

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
Check the factory drain holes from the outside. There should be no place in there where water can collect, but as with all things they get clogged. You should be able to see them if you open the door and lay on the ground, run a coathanger through them to clear them out. You might have to pull the panel and vacuum out junk from inside.

As for the internals, there are no fillers or sound deadening material (except the tar paper stuck to the outer skin) and the door is completely hollow except for the window mechanism. As with almost all doors, they are not designed to be sealed from the top, it's expected they get water inside and are supposed to just drain it out the bottom.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the factory drain holes from the outside. There should be no place in there where water can collect, but as with all things they get clogged. You should be able to see them if you open the door and lay on the ground, run a coathanger through them to clear them out. You might have to pull the panel and vacuum out junk from inside.

As for the internals, there are no fillers or sound deadening material (except the tar paper stuck to the outer skin) and the door is completely hollow except for the window mechanism. As with almost all doors, they are not designed to be sealed from the top, it's expected they get water inside and are supposed to just drain it out the bottom.
Yeah I think someone told me before that they're designed to let water through but not keep it out entirely. Yesterday there was probably close to a gallon in one door. I was able to get a lot out but not all of it. The drains are the little holes that face in toward the car, correct? One at the front and one at the rear?

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Yeah I think someone told me before that they're designed to let water through but not keep it out entirely. Yesterday there was probably close to a gallon in one door. I was able to get a lot out but not all of it. The drains are the little holes that face in toward the car, correct? One at the front and one at the rear?

Sent using Tapatalk 2.
"...open the door and lay on the ground..."

George Dill

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I remember it being more than two, but I could be remembering other cars as well. I just tried to go look at mine and the car is buried to where I can't easily see it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember it being more than two, but I could be remembering other cars as well. I just tried to go look at mine and the car is buried to where I can't easily see it.
Well I appreciate the effort! I just moved and my new house has a paved driveway (FINALLY). So working on cars is about to get so much easier and enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Your doors should drain pretty dry unless you have a dirt dam keeping the water away from the drain holes. I would plow along the bottom edge of the inside of the door with a wire or small screwdriver and take the proceeds out either from above or through the drain hole(s).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts