SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my door handles either in the same factory silver color, or in chrome. What is the best way to go about this?

·
Registered
69 Posts
hi!

although you might think it looks cool, i wouldn't think you'd want them chrome for most months here on the Left Coast; seems to me that grabbing a chrome door handle that had been sitting in the sun would be no fun without asbestos gloves,...
(BTDT)

aside from that, trying to keep them clean when that's what you have to put your hands on every time you open (or close) the door is going to be difficult, at best.

if you're dead set on having them be some other color (and willing to pay what it costs to do it right), a good paint/body shop should be able to get them color-matched for you. but it might look weird unless you were going to do all the other body trim to match as well.

what color is your car?

cheers!
e

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's in the factory silver metallic color. I wouldn't mind doing the rest of the car in the same color. But I was thinking about one way.

I can order 4 replacement handles. And from there, I use the factory touch up paint kit that is the same color, and I would paint the handles the same color. It's a interesting way to do it, but that might end up looking really funky, so I'm not sure.
I dont mind having chrome door handles being hot, my car will rarely be in direct sunlight during the summer when it gets hot.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I think I got a bright idea in getting 2 cupholders into the 2000-01 models.

The center back sit armrest in the 2002 has 2 cupholders in it. Why not remove the armrest in your 2000-01 model and buy the armrest part of the 2002, and fit that baby in. Then your car will have a total of 4 cupholders, instead of the 2 standard in the 2000-01 model. Anyone think this can be done?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there-
I am very interested in doing aftermarket interior and exterior mods on my car. Where can you get the chrom handles?

Any sites that offer appearance mods?
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts