SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi<br>I have a hectic problem! I had a front drivers side door rattle in my C30 T5, and took off the door panel and fixed the rattle.. but, when I assembled again, the top button and wire which you use to unlock the door and passes through the panel, slipped out and now I cannot reinsert it (i.e. I have the complete wire with button attached in my hand!!) . I phoned my volvo tech friend and he said that the door lock and window has to be removed to get this button and wire back.<p>Is there anybody that knows how I can do this without taking the whole door apart? I am desperate as I have to do a 350km trip to get this sorted out if I cannot fix it myself.<p>Any help would be appreciated!<br>Regards and thanks<br>Mike

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (lupo)

Not quite sure what the problem is: are you talking about the wire that attaches to the handle or are you talking about the metal bar that attaches to the door pin? The door pin isn't necessary, while the handle cable (similar to a bike brake cable) is a MAJOR pain to do. I had to do this on my passenger door and it took 3 of us to get it back on. Maybe post some pics of the issue...good luck.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

That one is super easy, but you will have to remove the plastic door panel. Use the info in this thread:<br><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=96923" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=96923</A>

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi<br>Just checked the article, but it does not have instructions for reinserting the pin and wire.. so back to square one....

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Unless the C30 door is drastically different than the S40, that bar/wire that has the door pin on the end just basically snaps into place with the rubber on its bottom end and you just stick the door pin through the hole and make sure it stays as you put the door panel back on. Post pics, it will help us help you...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi<br>Ok, I had to do the long trip to get my door back to normal. It took the mechanic 45 min, as he had to remove the outside lock, door panel and aluminium cover to access the place where the wire had to hook in. Oh yes, and he had to lower the window by an inch as well...<br>Regards<br>Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts