SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
So I have the 2015 s60 2.0 turbo model
It did not came with bulbs but it had the holes on doors.
I opened the doors and found the green wire tucked in a sponge,
I ordered the bulbs, and thought it will be an easy plug & play, well I plugged it but they do not work, any idea how to activate them?
I uploaded photo of the wire and how it should look when it’s working

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Grey Tread

Hand Hood Finger Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
The function has to be enabled through software upload with VIDA. They are not plug and play.

Otherwise, you can hack it to a 12V line somewhere and have them on either on a line that is signal conditional (like finding the 12V wire for signal to the dome light when door switch is opened) or put it on any main 12V line (with the caveat that they're always on regardless of whether the door is closed or open).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The function has to be enabled through software upload with VIDA. They are not plug and play.

Otherwise, you can hack it to a 12V line somewhere and have them on either on a line that is signal conditional (like finding the 12V wire for signal to the dome light when door switch is opened) or put it on any main 12V line (with the caveat that they're always on regardless of whether the door is closed or open).
Hey ,
thank you for your comment,
I might know someone who have VIDA.
do you know where and how this function called in VIDA? how to get to this specific light option?

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Hey ,
thank you for your comment,
I might know someone who have VIDA.
do you know where and how this function called in VIDA? how to get to this specific light option?
Sorry, I don't. I don't believe it's an enable toggle in VIDA. I believe it's software that needs to be installed from the dealer, not sure what the software part number is though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts