SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what I can do to make my door where i sit my elbow when driving more comfortable,, I feel like the cushion is gone and I am looking to add some memory foam in it or something anyone know if the cloth material can be removed by un attaching the door panel?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I think carrera did this and it was a major PITA. Hopefully he'll chime in.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
these are the hardest top of door cards ever. like resting your elbow on bricks. i also plan to attack this issue at some point this summer.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you are successful with this project let me know ill drive to NJ for some help.. ill bring the beer lol

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The panels are welded to the door trim!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
@ Crossie

Me likey! Did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
yep. the first one took me half a day, the following ones were a lot faster - because I didn't have to experiment on how to drill out the rivets, take off the fabric, glue the new one on (tesa spray glue works like a charm) and glue the whole piece back to the door panel. so if you have a weekend to experiment, I'd say give it a shot!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my plan was to just lift it up, install some cushion and put it back

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Hmm... I've been thinking of doing some custom work there for a while... Maybe you have shown me, that it is easier than I had been thinking :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
it's woven, so similar to the original fabric from volvo. got it at my local upholstery shop. but I assume this would work with nearly any kind of fabric - even leather.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts