SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cheap donut spare for my 07 V8. Cheap because prices are all over the place for a fungible rarely used item.

The best deals on Volvo 17" donuts seem to be from older V70 or XC70s. I know the lugs and offset are o.k. I want to confirm the center bore from the prior generation is bigger so one can go old to new, not new to old.

I'm not worried about potential vibration with a temporary spare.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ordered a 17" space saver from an 03 S60. There are two sizes out there 125/80 and 135/90. I cross referenced and believe the 125/80 is correct. I think the 135/90 is from the XC70 while the V70, S60 and XC60 use the 125/80. I'll update when I get it and get around to pulling a wheel to confirm it fits.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
I ordered a 17" space saver from an 03 S60. There are two sizes out there 125/80 and 135/90. I cross referenced and believe the 125/80 is correct. I think the 135/90 is from the XC70 while the V70, S60 and XC60 use the 125/80. I'll update when I get it and get around to pulling a wheel to confirm it fits.
XC60 tires are similar to an XC90 - way bigger than a V70/S60/S80

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my donut spare from an S60 today. it fits on the car no problem. Yes, the hub is a little bigger, but who cares, its a spare. I had to put the large foam disc from the trunk that houses the pump in "storage'. The pump is happily bouncing around the trunk.

The foam with the tools fits in the spare. the only complaint is that the spare has to be stored face down. pretty though to monitor the spares air pressure. Tht's why the pump is bouncing around the trunk.

I believe that the cars that came with donuts have a little more foam surrounding the spare.

·
Registered
101 Posts
For a better spare for my '09 S80 3.2 when heading out on a long trip with a trailer, I just use one of the extra set of '01 S60 wheels. Close to the same diameter, and I can drive at 70 on it. S80 is base 3.2 with 17 inch wheels. S60 wheel and tire fits fine. I just throw it in the trunk.
Sixvolvos

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For a better spare for my '09 S80 3.2 when heading out on a long trip with a trailer, I just use one of the extra set of '01 S60 wheels. Close to the same diameter, and I can drive at 70 on it. S80 is base 3.2 with 17 inch wheels. S60 wheel and tire fits fine. I just throw it in the trunk.
Sixvolvos
That's great for a long trip. What about around town? I had one of the 18" wheels with the summer tire in the trunk for a few weeks before getting the donut. My office is 54 miles from my house, mostly interstate with nothing around. the S60 donut fits in the well under the rat hair floor panel. And the tray with the tools fits in the donut like it belongs. too bad the valve is on the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts