SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if this can even be fixed? I figure I'd have to weld but then will it just have to be polished or...? Or will I have to change my lip color up...

Pardon the dirt, they need a clay and refinish but trying to figure on if the lip needs painting or what

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes, that can be fixed. make sure the rim repair your going is using TIG welding, then they have to straighten them again. while your there, re-finish them. it'll look brand new.
I have my rims cracked and bent all 4. fixed like new again. i was hopeless as my inde said that my rims cannot be repaired, but a shop in Toronto "Union Rim" has the machine to re-build damage rims. i saw this myself and they have the machine to actaully build new alumium rims. make sure you see the before and after in the shop. I did see them and my rims are bouncing left to right, up and down. after the repairs, they are straight like new. good luck

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Steel wheels and lips can always be re-machined. Aluminium wheels are a hit and miss. Most shops (99%) will NOT touch aluminium wheels because a crack can redevelop parallel to the weld. In your case, you should be good. They'll fill it with some weld, grind it down and re-chrome it. Or you can just bondo the rims and paint them black if cost is an issue

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
did you let your wife drive? mine did that to one of my pegs.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Going to get my rims checked, then probably end up filling & changing the lip color...been meaning to for awhile anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts