SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the part number is for that little blue wedge base bulb base in the front overhead light? I can't seem to find it.

I was trying to swap out LED's there, and my first attempt on the first bulb was a horrible failure. I tried to solder the led wedge to the socket and only succeeded in melting the plastic so it doesn't fit anymore. Nertz.

TREX

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Putertech, unless I am missing something, that looks like a link to find the wedge LED bulb, but not a replacement socket. The socket is a circuit board twist and lock wedge socket. It looks pretty specialized, but assume that someone sells it.

TREX

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Tascaparts.com might have it if you punch in the car model/year and navigate to:

BODY HARDWARE / ROOF / OVERHEAD LAMPS / Map lamp assy

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Thanks Putertech, unless I am missing something, that looks like a link to find the wedge LED bulb, but not a replacement socket. The socket is a circuit board twist and lock wedge socket. It looks pretty specialized, but assume that someone sells it.

TREX
Sorry was on a completely different wave....hope you find it

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks KRN, they do list a map light bulb for 1.60, but wonder if it includes the funky base? I might just have to wander into my dealer and get one first hand. Also hate to pay $10 shipping on a $2 part. I also wonder if the 2011 is the same part as the 2012? I expect it is...

Thanks,
TREX

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Seaton, I saw that but it looked like the twist and lock was on the top of the base, where the oem one has the twist and lock on the backside of the bulb. I might be remembering incorrectly though. I would expect our vehicles are the same. For the price, since I need some more LED's anyway, might as well test em out.

TREX

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good luck. I hope it works for you. It worked perfectly for me, but perhaps the design is slightly different between the two cars...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Seaton, they were the right part! That was the easy button.

TREX

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thanks Seaton, they were the right part! That was the easy button.

TREX
Excellent. I am glad to hear it worked out for you. I was a little baffled at first when I realized the original sockets weren't reusable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts