SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry this my first post, but I just bought a 2007 V50 manual AWD and I'm interested in towing it on a dolly (front wheels off the ground) for several hundred miles.

I looked at the owners manual and it has limits for speed and distance for the autos, but nothing negative shown for the manual transmission models.

I KNOW this is not ideal. Also, I think disconnecting the driveshaft may make this a *more* OK thing to do.

Thanks for your help and thanks for this forum! Lots of great info!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I agree. That is the safest way to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

So here's the follow up question: what tools will I need to drop the driveshaft? Socket sizes, wrenches, allen head drivers, etc...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me rephrase this: do I need any special tools for doing this having never owned one of these cars before and not having an example in front of me at the moment :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Let me rephrase this: do I need any special tools for doing this having never owned one of these cars before and not having an example in front of me at the moment :)

Thanks!
Hex Head socket set, Metric Socket Set (not sure if they were 8, or 10mm), A few extentions of various size, Oil filter strap wrench adapter (to stop driveline from rotating)

Good pratice to mark both the front and the rear joints before disconnecting, that way you can put it in with the same orientation as it's had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts