SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone measure the dimensions of the speaker hole in the dash for me? I have an idea brewing in my head. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Can anyone measure the dimensions of the speaker hole in the dash for me? I have an idea brewing in my head. Thanks in advance.
I have the center speaker in my dash. How precise do you need the measurements, in relation to what as far as position and do you need info as to radius etc.?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am looking for the dimensions of the actual cut out in the dash. If that speaker cover pops off easily then the length and width of the bottom would be best. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am looking for the dimensions of the actual cut out in the dash. If that speaker cover pops off easily then the length and width of the bottom would be best. Thanks!
Understood, let me see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Not really an easy task. Thought this would be the best approach, sorry it's sealed so I'm not removing the speaker to give you depth. However It cant be much with the air duct right there.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
There is no depth which is why the inside out speaker Volvo came up with

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is exactly what I need. Pics helped too! Thanks a lot. I am not concerned with the depth as my plan does not involve a speaker being in there. Now I will just have to see about finding a dolby dash in 3960 (or similar) once I have some money for this project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts