SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Volvo & other dealerships closing left & right here in Cali, the opportunity came up for a 'showcase' for my Volvos!

Those in this community that 'hate' my Volvos for 1 reason or another
will not be so happy to see them on display, as they cruise by in their much slower cars!

I added these new shots to my existing Volvo gallery. The white S70 is an NA, 'representing' for all those NA owners who take crap regularly!

Chilled Man: Your assignment is to 'top' these shots, and please come up with something better than some bales of hay!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/show/

I just put the red one on display today, so I'll add 'night' shots later, with the showroom lights on. Believe me, the yellow looks stunning at night, so I imagine the red will look just as nice.

·
Administrator
55,950 Posts
Re: Doesn't everyone have their own Volvo showroom? (Taleof2Bricks2)

Very nice setup.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Doesn't everyone have their own Volvo showroom? ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
Very nice setup.

Thanks. This is one of my favorite shots also - my idea of what a Volvo showroom should look like! I realize the newer models are more 'refined' and have more gadgets, but I guess I'm still stuck in the past.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (1999_V70)

Quote, originally posted by 1999_V70 »
Looks fantastic.

I guess I don't understand why your cars are in a building though?

Because I think they look better here than in my garage!

·
Registered
16,979 Posts
See I would put mine for show at the volvo dealer here locally but they dont have enough room for all of them

But those are some cool ass pics how did you get your cars inside and all there ?
Was the doors unloocked or what.

hmmm I have an idea

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Chilled Man)

Quote, originally posted by Chilled Man »
See I would put mine for show at the volvo dealer here locally but they dont have enough room for all of them

But those are some cool ass pics how did you get your cars inside and all there ?
Was the doors unloocked or what...

A bad economy sometimes presents good opportunities. I am doing something now that a few months ago, I would've thought insane.

LA had about 5 Volvo dealerships scattered around. 1, where I showed my 244 at a VCOA event in Nov. closed & another will close soon. I am my indie's best customer, & he recently asked me if I wanted to 'own shares' in his business. I 'have my hands in a lot of things', but a strong background in marketing & sales.

Unless local Volvo owners want to drive 40 miles for service at the remaining dealerships, they will be LOOKING for an alternative. They will also be able to say that their cars are serviced at 'the place w/ all the cool Volvos on display' & with the courtesy shuttle that can and will smoke new Mustangs while they hold on to their latte's!.

This property was home to many failed dealerships over the years, including Volvo, where I bought my '99 in 12/08. It was part of the "blvd of cars", but recently, it was overgrown with weeds, empty. It has high exposure & should bring in a lot (2 words!
) of new business.

The 5 service bays need several weeks of work, but in the meantime, the 'showroom' (& 'swede' colors), with no "coming soon" signs, creates the "what's going on in there?" factor. It also has a side benefit of easing the pressure on my garage at home

My ex-wife lives nearby & always hated
my Volvos. I should be receiving a call any day now!!!

Volvie: Night shots soon, but I 'need' my red T5M, so I'll 'dump' the NA in there, instead
& thanks again!

Modified by Taleof2Bricks2 at 9:22 AM 3-30-2009

·
Registered
16,979 Posts
hahahha awsome

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Re: (Chilled Man)

We've all said at one point or another, "Man, if I owned a Volvo dealership..."

Now you can kinda say that you do !!! Coool !!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
16,979 Posts
I own a volvo Indy shop LOL

oh wait no its my own set of cars woops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.