SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Volvo Club of America sponser track events like the Porsche and BMW Clubs? And if so, how often and where. Thanks!<P><P>

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Yes. There was a track day at Thunder Hill Raceway in Northern California a couple of months ago that was organized by the Golden Gate chapter. It probably depends largely on the chapter and whether or not they have officers and members interested in a track day, and of course they need access to a local track.<P>I live in Herndon,VA, so I know there's no local chapter in VCOA (I just posted recently in the events forum about the possibility of VCOA adding a DC area chapter). There is a <A HREF="http://volvoclubdc.com/" TARGET=_blank>Washington Volvo Club</A>, but they don't seem to be very active other than monthly meetings. The website has barely changed in years.<P>If you want track time at Summit Point, try to get in with other car clubs, or FATT, but I'm sure you already know if you have a track car.<P>Do you do autocross events in the area? The next SCCA event at FedEx field is on August 25th, and registration opens this Sunday. <A HREF="http://solo.wdcr-scca.org/next.htm" TARGET=_blank>Click here for more info.</A> I'm doing that event, and a BMW CCA event on Aug. 18th.<BR><P>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I find that the clubs in this area typically run at the small circuit at summit. I would like to do FATT, however, I am usually too busy to take off on fridays. I am actually more interested in VIR then summit ( i dont particularly like summit, although next weekend i will do my first scca race there).<P>As to autocross: I am pretty bad. All the track schools have spoiled me into to working up to speed. Needless to say, Three non-consecutive runs is not enough for me to "be up to speed" Although I do find autocross fun, and would love to see how the V40 handles at the limit. Eventhough the V40 was purchased as a commuter to Reston and a practical car, that doesn't mean I can't have some fun with it....<P><P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts