SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a transmission mount bracket just tell me what you think, the replacement bolt its having a hard time going in as if the threading is off and it looks like its been mounted already. IMG_E3256[1].jpg
IMG_E3256[1].jpg
IMG_3262[1].jpg
IMG_3255[1].jpg
IMG_3260[1].jpg

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Yep, that thing looks pretty friggin knackered. The mounting holes don't look to be too much of an issue if that lip doesn't get in the way of the holes, but that center one from the mount looks like it hit something and bent some of the threads inward.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh how frustrating, to add insult to injury they shipped the box with old labels on it so it was lost for 3 extra days. The part came from Crest Volvo in Dallas, i was really surprised i was able to reach customer service this late but they said they would have a manager reach out to me. Im so wounded right now this has been the longest week. The physical repair is easy im just waiting for parts and everything that could go wrong seemed to have.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Ugh how frustrating, to add insult to injury they shipped the box with old labels on it so it was lost for 3 extra days. The part came from Crest Volvo in Dallas, i was really surprised i was able to reach customer service this late but they said they would have a manager reach out to me. Im so wounded right now this has been the longest week. The physical repair is easy im just waiting for parts and everything that could go wrong seemed to have.
This was my tuesday. Waited 5.5 hours for autozone to get their alternator in. Went in and got it and took it home, wrong connector. Drove it back, returned it. Went to advanced auto parts, got a bead on an alternator about 20 mins away, went and got it, drove home, crap looked beat all to hell, put it in, realized I had to cut the piece off, had to take it back out, cut the piece off, put it back in, hooked it up, and while it charged correctly the part that talks to the computer is dead. Ordered another from FCP Euro that gets in on Tuesday. Friggin 10 hour ordeal for crap results.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to speak to a parts manager from the dealership it came out from, he said that it is very unlikely the part was used or tried on and returned without anyone noticing, but he ordered me a new replacement from Volvo (hub i guess) and will then send it to me. The whole thing was easy...too easy. Maybe im just paranoid, thank you guys for the input in my time of despair lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts