SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya. <p>Does anyone here know for sure if the stock shocks on a S60 AWD have a comfort zone ? That is it's if they softer when it sits in normal riding height and when you do some spirited driving they stiffs up when going pass that zone.<p>That could explain the very stiff suspension on my S60 AWD with Eibachsprings.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Does the shocks have a comfort zone? (Rick_K)

Don't you understand that when you compress a shock (your shorter Eibach springs) they don't work as stock?<br>They are now compressed and will be much choppier and stiffer then with the OEM spring.<br>They also won't last as long, your rears will be lucky to get 20K out of them.<p>I know as I did the same thing a few years ago

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. I can buy that. But what shocks Do is need to get to fit with my Eibachs's ?<p>Any ideas?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (Rick_K)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Rick_K</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok. I can buy that. But what shocks Do is need to get to fit with my Eibachs's ?<p>Any ideas?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>The problem is the REAR.<br>NO ONE makes an aftermarket shock for AWD Volvos, much less a lowered one.<br>I recommend a Koni (or a Bilstein touring) for the front.<br>As for the rear shocks, I had to replace mine twice (every 15K miles as they were shot)<br>Have you done this already, if not I did something else....<br>I put a T5 strut on the front, not quite as low as an Eibach but still was nearly an inch lower than a stock AWD Volvo. Eibachs on the rear only. It rode (and handled) significantly better.<br>(IM me later tonight and I'll walk you through the process or email me and I'll send you a picture what will look like that way)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts