SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do R-Design shocks also fit Momentum models? As in a direct replacement?

I have the Eibach Pro-Kit, and I'd like to install new shocks at the same time. Since R-Design shocks are designed for a lower ride height, I thought they'd be a good choice.

Aftermarket wise, Bilstein currently only offers the B4, and B4 isn't meant for a lowered ride height. Bilstein's B6 is still a while away from being available.

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Note with lower ride height you are only talking about the "sport chassis" option, the standard US R-Design is functionally the same as the other models, being the "dynamic chassis" in Volvo talk.

We can't be conclusive until you do it ;-) But I would be 99.9% sure they will fit, all of the ancillary parts to the shock appear to be the same. It's not likely that the shock bodies are any different on the sport shocks either, the same range of travel, but the damping is certainly firmer which helps preserve the travel when you lower, and also should just generally give you a sportier drive and firmer ride.

If you need my VIN to get the right shock parts for a 2019 w/sport chassis pm me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Note with lower ride height you are only talking about the "sport chassis" option, the standard US R-Design is functionally the same as the other models, being the "dynamic chassis" in Volvo talk.
Yes! I forgot to mention that I meant the Sports Chassis dampers! :)

Thanks for the info. You're right, only way to find out is to do the install ;-) but I think it's a safe bet they'll fit. Like you said, most of the other parts are the same, and it's probably just a different spec internal damping.

That would be great, thanks! I'll PM you. Mine is also a 2019. 20K service is coming up , so I'll do everything at the same time at the dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
I think you will really like the improvement with the sport shocks! I'd say swap in the rear sport spring too but that looks like a heckuva job...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you will really like the improvement with the sport shocks! I'd say swap in the rear sport spring too but that looks like a heckuva job...
Sweet! I can't wait to get the sport shocks installed! I've also thought about selling the Eibach pro-kit, and getting R-design front coil springs to create a matched up with the R sport shocks. This would be an OEM setup, which in my now middle-age seems to appeal to me more :D

Man, I don't even want to know how much it would cost to replace that rear leaf spring! The part itself has to be quite pricey as well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@AJS1KR did you ever install the Eibach springs?
No, not yet :( the spring install is pricey at the dealer ($1,400 including alignment and reprogramming per VIDA), so I'm waiting for Bilstein B6 dampers to become available in the U.S., and do the springs and dampers at the same time (along with a rear swaybar). Other stuff not yet installed:

• Vibrant 10633 performance high flow muffler
  • S90 R Design rear sway bar (23mm....+1mm larger than stock)
  • do88 Intercooler & hardpipe kit

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
You should be able to order the Bilsteins now, the B6. I don't know if that's worth it t order and wait, but could be better to have an order in than wait for them to be in-stock somewhere. I do have a set on order, and supposedly my fronts came in, but I switched my order as I learned now the front B6 is a twin-tube shock, which is fine, but for my purposes, it can't be rebuilt or revalved so I needed to find an alternative.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looking around on various US available sites, the fronts are available for purchase now. But the rears are still MIA. (SummitRacing.com has them expected to ship 1/31. We'll see.)

Just for reference, the Bilstein B6 shocks for a 2020 T5 V60 part numbers are: 22-295712 (fronts) and 24-295727 (rears)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts