SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had started my S60R and then stepped out and closed the door to get something from the house. When I got back, the door was locked. Luckily I had lowered the window, otherwise I would have been screwed without a spare key yet. Is there a setting to disable this function?

·
Registered
572 Posts
There is a safety lock function that locks the doors if you dont operate the handles. Did it on one of my cars when I bought it and I ended up figuring out how to disable it. I think I did a google search for S60R auto lock.

Sent from nunya

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
If you unlock the car and do not open any doors or the trunk, it will eventually re-lock on its own. The Autolock option locks the doors when you start to move (maybe when you put it in drive for autos, not sure) - if you press and hold the door lock button on the driver's door for a few seconds, it will turn this feature on or off.

As for locking itself while just running, the only way I know of is if you accidentally bumped the lock while getting out. The lock pin is very sensitive and easy to lock when it's running.

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you unlock the car and do not open any doors or the trunk, it will eventually re-lock on its own. The Autolock option locks the doors when you start to move (maybe when you put it in drive for autos, not sure) - if you press and hold the door lock button on the driver's door for a few seconds, it will turn this feature on or off.

As for locking itself while just running, the only way I know of is if you accidentally bumped the lock while getting out. The lock pin is very sensitive and easy to lock when it's running.
The car definitely can lock itself while running.

Source: my S60R locked itself while I was letting it warm up for work in the morning, and I had to call a locksmith to open it up again since I didn’t have a spare. No bumped locks or anything, happened while I was away from the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is strange. Auto lock will lockself if: the drive door is not opened after unlock in two minutes (cannot remember exactly). Or car moving speed over 7km/h. Etc. There has more conditions, check with VIDA. NA has slightly different functions than EU one. As you have two step open 06MY, t he function can setting by self.

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,443 Posts
Happened to the 02 V70XC a while back. I get out and car is running? Then I WILL have a window down or a door stays open. I did NOT touch/bump the lock pin on the sill.
I was VERY lucky and had my daughter a quarter mile away at the HS before she boarded a bus to head to a regional swim meet and she had the second key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts