• America Auto Care

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I assume the answer to this question depends on our driving habits, age and type of car, pre-existing condition, the geographic area, as well if you're plan to put more than 100K miles, and so many other factors. I am on the market shopping for such and I was just curious about others' experience and feedback. The only benefit I think, I'm suppose to be getting is the ability to wrap the warranty’s cost into my financing, but unless I’ve shopped in advance and negotiated a lower price for it on the spot, this route could cost me more in the long run.

Sometimes, We find ourselves struggling to figure out what the best option is, but I'm sure there's a way we can really make the decision clear. That being said, I'm eyeing Endurance Auto Warranty and since it's my first time, I'm sure, I'll have to keep in mind that no solution will cover my whole car in all events and scenarios. So, what's your story, and do you mind giving us more details, which can be really helpful to all of us to know how these companies/plans/options differ from each other to get the best coverage for our vehicles.

Thank you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
1. This looks like an ad rather than a question

2. if this is a real question I woulds reply that 99% of third party auto warranty's are a terrible idea. I would do a factory warranty or service plan ONLY. I have seen a lot of third party vendors come and go

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Get the Volvo VIP plan. At least that way it’s linked into the dealer service network and it doesn’t involve as much fighting to get stuff done.

It depends on the car. If I hadn’t bought the warranty for my T8 I’d be eating a hefty bill right now. As it stands this one repair is paying for the warranty and anything else that goes wrong with the car is a benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I think extended warranty is useful for cars with so many sensors and software features.

Can't imagine how much it would be to fix some simple wire harness or sensors. And aged electronics tends to have problem after several year, not immediately fail.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. This looks like an ad rather than a question

2. if this is a real question I woulds reply that 99% of third party auto warranty's are a terrible idea. I would do a factory warranty or service plan ONLY. I have seen a lot of third party vendors come and go
I never intended to sound like that. I’m not affiliated nor represent and/or being paid to advertise any of the mentioned above companies. I simply wanted to get people’s experience, their feedback and advice and nothing else. If you ask me, I really don’t wanna add another bill to my wallet. I got high mileage(56K, lease ends 09/01/20) and my manufacture warranty ended last month and now I’m struggling to find a solution to lower my future out-of-pocket cost, as well pure minded intentions to learn more on how to handle the situation. That’s all.

Volvo for Life

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Get a KIA better warranty for FREE
WARRANTY
Coverage for your Kia.
Our industry-leading Kia 10-year/100,000-mile warranty program is a testament to our commitment to quality. The Kia 10-year/100,000 mile warranty program1Opens in New Window consists of:

• 10-year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty

• 5-year/60,000 mile limited basic warranty

• 5-year/100,000 mile limited anti-perforation warranty

• 5-year/60,000 mile roadside assistance plan

·
Registered
845 Posts
Well, this thread quickly went to hell, and then managed to go downhill from there.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I never intended to sound like that. I’m not affiliated nor represent and/or being paid to advertise any of the mentioned above companies. I simply wanted to get people’s experience, their feedback and advice and nothing else. If you ask me, I really don’t wanna add another bill to my wallet. I got high mileage(56K, lease ends 09/01/20) and my manufacture warranty ended last month and now I’m struggling to find a solution to lower my future out-of-pocket cost, as well pure minded intentions to learn more on how to handle the situation. That’s all.

Volvo for Life
For the first time I bought a Volvo VIP extended warranty from Steingold. There is just too much that can go wrong with these cars and all repairs are so freaking expensive these days.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If your warranty worried, the KIA or Hyundai is the way to go. Not saying better than Volvo, nor would I want one, but for your very valid worries ( wait till something goes wrong with a hybrid system after the warranties over ) it`s peace of mind and bank account

·
Registered
316 Posts
Personally, I would question the poster’s topic of vVolvo being reliable a little bit.

My Volvo has been pretty good, but with all of the electronics and so much stuff tied into a central computer system, I think most makes of cars are prone to more issues than the past.

I believe Volvo is now one step up from last in some reliability/quality polls.

·
Registered
702 Posts
There is just too much that can go wrong with these cars and all repairs are so freaking expensive these days.....
This ^. I had quite a few repairs under warranty in my 2016 XC90. Over the past year as I knew the manufacturer's warranty was nearing and end I'd always pay attention to how much a repair would have cost me. There a lot of repairs with this car of the nature where they need to replace a relatively inexpensive component but pull out the entire steering column to do it. I knew this isn't a vehicle I'd want to own out of warranty.

Personally, I would question the poster’s topic of vVolvo being reliable a little bit. My Volvo has been pretty good, but with all of the electronics and so much stuff tied into a central computer system, I think most makes of cars are prone to more issues than the past.
The technology certainly makes these vehicles more prone to issues. Also, Volvo is a different company now with management making different decisions. My old Volvos were largely bullet proof, but my 2016 XC90 was anything but. They are still good cars but if I were to make a jump it would be for something more reliable.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Without looking into any of them, none of the above.
I agree and I've purchased TWO, one for each of my Volvos when the warranties ran out... and the C30 one has now expired without ONE SINGLE CLAIM. I figure the same will happen for the V60 warranty, which didn't cover the touchless door opening/locking thing (corrosion, for crying out loud)--fortunately Volvo good willed it. Keep your peace of mind, next time I'll keep my money.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Volvo VIP or self-insure. All the rest of them are crap and good luck getting them to re-pay you in full after you submit a claim. With Volvo's VIP, the dealership will submit the claims on your behalf.

I have always viewed Volvo (as a brand) as more durable than reliable. The distinction is subtle.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Without looking into any of them, none of the above.
I agree and I've purchased TWO, one for each of my Volvos when the warranties ran out... and the C30 one has now expired without ONE SINGLE CLAIM. I figure the same will happen for the V60 warranty, which didn't cover the touchless door opening/locking thing (corrosion, for crying out loud)--fortunately Volvo good willed it. Keep your peace of mind, next time I'll keep my money.
I wasn't saying not to get one. Just not one of the ones listed.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
My Wife's parents recently passed away and they left their 2005 Lexus LS430 with 43,000 miles on the odometer. I mention this because that particular series 2004 thru 2006 is considered one of the most reliable Lexus cars. It is loaded with technology but pre Big Brother Computer Controlled. I still had to replace switches etcetera. But the cost to do so was pretty inexpensive. The engine is a simple naturally aspirated V8. Point being that all newer vehicles are just loaded with complex sensors and are no longer home run wired. Everything goes through a digital interface so that one wire serves many functions. I am afraid to say that I believe most of the new cars today especially ones as complex as the plugins will be expensive to repair. Everything is geared towards lighter weight and easier manufacturability of components. They must be made to be functional through their expected life. The question is how long life is for these components.

Our cars are still pretty new. Some have been problem free while some as noted on the forums have been nightmares. I generally don't believe in extended warranties. Insurance is a money maker for the provider more so than for the client. Peace of mind certainly is worth something and I understand where people just want to be covered. So back to the original question. For sure our Volvo SPA cars are not our Father's cars. When they go south they can be costly to repair.

So the real question is do you want to feel good at a cost? Then pay up front and get a extended warranty. The preference would be to stay with Volvo in terms of warranty. Or, you can set aside money monthly by doing an auto deposit and keep the account till you replace the car. The risk is that a repair will occur early where you did not have enough to cover it. The bottom line is it becomes a personal issue of what makes you feel comfortable. I really don't think there is enough data to for sure convince one that buying an extended warranty will pan out in the end. One consideration is if you sell the car with a warranty that will make it more desirable to a used car buyer. If you trade your car in the dealer won't care about the warranty.

I can tell you if you were to go to the Range Rover/Land Rover forum, no one will buy a used car without a warranty who is in the know. I personally have decided that I will sell my 2017 XC90 T8 car before the end of its warranty even though it is running perfectly. By the way are the Volvo Extended warranties refundable if you do not use them? In the old days that use to be the case with some warranty programs.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This is the quote from Volvo of Huntington. Any thoughts?

Horrendous - don't go through your Volvo dealer unless they use Volvo VIP . . or even better, just go through Steingold Volvo. Way way cheaper than this quote.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Horrendous - don't go through your Volvo dealer unless they use Volvo VIP . . or even better, just go through Steingold Volvo. Way way cheaper than this quote.
Ditto. Get the Volvo plan if you’re gonna do it. Having the dealer take care of the claim process is much easier on you and less likely to result in problems.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts