SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum... and to Volvo! ??

Atommyk, 40 years old, french, more of an Alfisti until now (had these: 2003 147 1.9 JTD, 2009 159 1.9 JTD, 2011 Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir, 2006 GT 3.2 V6 and 2019 Stelvio 2.2 JTD).

I wanted to try something else, a good compromise between a nice and typical engine and a practical (for my family and hobbies) quite economical car.
As I got older, I started to find Volvos sexier than I used to a few years ago and start to search more informations about these cars, especially the FT ones.

I finally realised that a V70 III 2.5 FT R-Design with 231 hp would check all my boxes.
And I now really love its timeless and functional design.

I found a full stock one, 2011, 93800 km on the clock, really good condition, imported from Sweden, in the north of France.

I own it since 1.5 month and I didn't go wrong: love it!

The chassis is a lot less sharp compared to the Alfas, but 1/ I knew that before, 2/ I'm used to drive a lot of cars for my job and to adapt myself to car's philosophy, 3/ the comfort is excellent.

The 5-cylinder engine is really cool - I needed something cool since the jump from the magnificent 240hp last spec Busso 3.2 V6 to the 190hp 2.2 JTD was quite brutal... ?

BUT... this engine deserves to be listened to. And the stock exhaust is really too shy.
I don't want something noisy, droning and so on, just a nice sounding 5-cylinder at WOT with opened windows, as silent as possible on the motorway with cruise control on.

I put a Green airfilter inside the stock airbox, and it's already a bit better inside the car.
But it dosen't seem there's a lot of options on the catback market for this car, apart from the BSR/Simon's/Jetex (all the sames if I understood well) and the Ferrita ones.

Did I miss some other options? And which one would you advise me taking into account my criteria?

At the moment, appart form the airfilter, I only removed the rear badges (for a slicker look) and ordered some Powerflex poly inserts for the upper engine bracket and a module to lit the upper part of the rear lights (better for look and for safety), but didn't received them yet.

I'm also thinking about a set of 16 mm spacers to fit the nice looking 18 inches Cratus a bit further in the wheel-arches.
Did anyone already do this to a V70 III and if yes, did you encounter some rubbing and/or did it change something to the chassis's behavior?

Here comes a few pics of my V70. ;)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Cloud Automotive tail & brake light Sky

And because it's always better than going from A to B:
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Thanks in advance for your expert advices!

AtommyK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there,

Wow, my V70 receives a lot of interest... 😂

I put the Powerflex poly inserts to the engine mount and 1/ the engine moves less in its bay, 2/ the car sounds a little louder at WOT from inside, quite nice.

I also put the tail light module, it was easy and works the way it should.

Still looking for some advices about the exhaust and spacers. 😉

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts