SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
First, let me say "thank you" to all of you who unknowingly made our first OSD trip a huge success! I have never posted, but I read the archived posts and learned so much to better prepare for our vacation.

My husband and I, along with our (almost) 8-year old daughter traveled the end of June to pick up our new XC70. We traveled for three weeks, enjoying our vacation and our new car. We dropped the car off in Paris on July 12th. I've been checking the WW site and it still shows "no record found". There was a ship that departed Zeebrugge yesterday that sails to the Port Hueneme, so I was hopeful it would be on the ship. Does it take awhile or should I be seeing our car listed if it has made it to port? I thought half a month would be enough time to get from Paris to Belgium.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Hello,
First, let me say "thank you" to all of you who unknowingly made our first OSD trip a huge success! I have never posted, but I read the archived posts and learned so much to better prepare for our vacation.
I believe the car has to return to Gothenburg to be shipped out. I got that impression from some of the prices and shipping times for remote drop off locations.

It did take about 1 week for my car (dropped off at FDC) to appear on WW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe the car has to return to Gothenburg to be shipped out. I got that impression from some of the prices and shipping times for remote drop off locations.

It did take about 1 week for my car (dropped off at FDC) to appear on WW.
It took a week and a half for our car, dropped at the FDC, to be shipped from Gothenburg. It wasn't viewable on the WW until four days after shipping--not certain if that's normal, or abnormal. We first learned of its location when it was changing ships in Zeebrugge. All told, it took four weeks and a day to go from Gothenburg to Port Hueneme, and another ten days to clear customs and arrive at the dealer.

Our first OSD was dropped outside of Munich (Garching used to be the drop-off there), and took two weeks to get to Gothenburg to be shipped. It needed six weeks to arrive in Port Hueneme, and another ten days to get to our dealer. That one wasn't tracked using WW.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We dropped at the FDC and were told that day when our car would be shipped and what vessel it would be on. Our car showed up on the web site the same day that it was loaded on the boat. Drop off 7/6, loaded onboard 7/16 and arrived in Baltimore today. I followed the ship progress on ACL cargo web site. I did check the WW site tonight and it did not say that my car was offloaded, but the boat is still in port and they may have not yet updated the status.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi mstak....looks like you'll have your T5 again shortly....getting excited again? Our cargo ship just passed through the Panama Canal so we may see our car again by the end of the month.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
WW does not show a vehicle status until the vehicle is booked (on a bill of lading) and loaded on the ship. Once the entire ship is loaded and ready to sail, the site is updated.
Additionally, once the vehicle has been off loaded at it's port of destination and handed over to the port broker, WW no longer shows a status.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback...I may be too impatient to start tracking ;) It appears there is another ship that leaves on the 8th. I'll see if it makes that one. I just have visions of the car sitting in the TT lot in Paris!

dhorvath, our signature could be the same as yours. We hit six countries in our 21 day journey. What a wonderful way to hit places we would have missed if we were traveling by train.
mstak, hope you reconnect with your car very, very soon! Have fun.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
WW does not show a vehicle status until the vehicle is booked (on a bill of lading) and loaded on the ship. Once the entire ship is loaded and ready to sail, the site is updated.
Additionally, once the vehicle has been off loaded at it's port of destination and handed over to the port broker, WW no longer shows a status.
Mine showed up on WW when Volvo filed the paperwork with WW (about a week before the car got to the docks, 2 weeks or so before it got on the boat).

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
dhorvath, our signature could be the same as yours. We hit six countries in our 21 day journey. What a wonderful way to hit places we would have missed if we were traveling by train.
Where did you visit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did you visit?
We hit Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and France. We spent the majority of time in Salzburg (both by husband and I went to school there so it's a great place to stop and relax), hiking in Switzerland, watching a couple of the stages of the Tour de France, and the last five days in Paris. It was a great mix of sights, museums, culture and mountains! How about you?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Sweden (spent several days in/around Gotenburg to start & down to Ale's Stones)
Denmark (couple days in Copenhagen, Roskilde, ferry to Germany)
passed through Germany (spent time there before, did overnight both ways in Hamburg),
Several days in/around Amsterdam, Delft, and The Hague in The Netherlands
Waterloo & Ypres Belgium
Calais, Giverny, Paris, and (forget exact name -- where Van Gogh spent his final days) in France
Bastogne/Houfallize Belgium
Hamburg overnight
Odense and Helsingor Denmark
Ytterby Sweden and then Gothenburg for the last night.

We toured the factory at the end of the trip -- was closed on pick-up day for the Queen's service day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi mstak....looks like you'll have your T5 again shortly....getting excited again? Our cargo ship just passed through the Panama Canal so we may see our car again by the end of the month.
We are getting excited. Hopefully your car is just behind ours. Can't believe it's been almost a month since we returned home. We miss the herring and salmon at breakfast.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
All.

As of August 1, we have a different shipping company.

If you want to track your behicle, you must visit www.ehharms.com and click "Track".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All.

As of August 1, we have a different shipping company.

If you want to track your behicle, you must visit www.ehharms.com and click "Track".
Thank you! I was able to see that our car will depart Europe one month and two days after we dropped it off in Paris. I am thankful to know it's not forgotten and will go keep myself busy until the beginning of September when it's due to port in California. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts