SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My CEL has come on twice in the last 5 weeks. First time for 3 days and this time for 5 before going away. Last time it went away before I called dealer for appointment so never took it in. This time, I called yesterday to schedule appointment and of course the light turns off this morning. Does the ECM store codes so that the dealership can diagnose the issue? Or is it pointless to take it in without the light on? With my old BMW, some codes would be stored if they were serious, not sure how Volvo works.

Service department at my dealer is less than stellar so if it's not a sure thing that they can actually diagnose and fix the issue, I'd rather wait until they can. But since the light came on twice now, there seems to actually be an issue.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Took it to dealership and they were able to pull the code. Basically an issue with the gas tank flap not sealing. Unfortunately I waited for 3 hours at the dealership for the tech to adjust the flap only for the code to come back as soon as I took it home.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, it sounded a little strange when the SA explained it to me but this is my first car without a gas cap so I wasn't sure what the fix should be. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts