SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter drives my recently acquired 1999 S 70 at college. In 3 weeks/1500 mi. since cleaning it up I saw her again and noticed that the RF alum wheel is quite blackened while the other 3 look relatively clean. I know that the rears do less work, but could the LF have a lazy caliper? The car drives and brakes normally and the rotors look about the same. Thanks a milliion for any input.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Never heard of brake dust being a tell tale sign of any probs. Take it in for a quick inspection, most places will do this for free, & you'll know for sure. Hate to say it, but depending on the number of miles the car has, the brakes may just be the least of your worries....These cars can last for a long time but do require a good amount of repairs as the mileage increases (just read some of the old posts)....Good Luck.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: (Taleof2Bricks2)

I have to differ with this advice: most places that will do "free inspections" will find plenty of "problems" for you to spend money on in order to justify their "free inspection."<p>My advice is that if it doesn't pull to one side or the other when you brake hard, that there's probably nothing to be concerned about. I would probably pull the wheels and get a look at the pads if I was really concerned, but I still wouldn't trust any tire/brake shop to give me a straight answer on a question like this.<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts