SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I remember back to my 2015.5 XC60 OSD trip, I have a vague memory of filling up in Sweden and seeing/using a gas cap holder on the fuel door, I thought it was neat and told my wife about it after I filled up, she remembers my comments.

I picked up my car from the dealer after shipment, and failed to realize that the cap holder was missing from the fuel door. I completely forgot about it until a few weeks ago.

I asked in the XC60 forum, the few who replied said they don't have one, but they didn't OSD.

So I emailed the FDC folks, specifically asking if the XC60 had a cap holder when I picked it up and they said :

Good morning Sir,

Yes. The car came with a cap holder. Please contact Marine Insurance.

Have a great day!
So to finally prove I'm not crazy and the FCD isn't confusing the fact that some cars come with gas cap holders and some don't :

. 1) Does anyone with an OSD'd XC60 have the fuel cap holder on the door?

. 2) If you did, do you still have it? was it missing when you picked up your car from the dealership?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
We picked up our 2015 XC60 in July 2014 at the FDC. The car did *not* have a gas cap holder at time of pickup at the factory or upon delivery at home.

·
Registered
240 Posts
We just did the OSD, and to answer your question there's none. The reason I guess is because they were owned by Ford before and both companies share a lot of stuff on their cars like; capless fuel filler, heated windshield, hand-free liftgate, BLIS, etc.

FYI: If you're filling your gas, when it's done give it a few seconds before pulling out the pump. We've gotten gas spilled on the car after filling it up... TWICE!!! So just be careful not to ruin the paint. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts