SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's a cover to access the towing eyelet; you have one in the rear as well.
Your dealer should be able to get you a replacement.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
If it just fell off and you haven't been towed or had your bumper hit, I would consider that a manufacturing defect. It wasn't securely installed. This should be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it just fell off and you haven't been towed or had your bumper hit, I would consider that a manufacturing defect. It wasn't securely installed. This should be covered by warranty.
Not sure if you’ve ever dealt with Volvo customer care but the amount of time /effort needed to convince them to cover this is not worth the $12 for the part.

The only thing I can’t figure out is how to paint it crystal white to match.

It must have been a pothole. Or maybe it was stolen. Haven’t gotten a car wash in weeks. I’ve hit really bad pot holes in the past and don’t recall recently hitting one. I did raise the front trunk hood the night before and it slammed closed with a huge thud- maybe that dislodged it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
https://www.paintscratch.com/

A body shop is probably going to be too much to mix up paint and spray such a small part. I've used the paintscratch spray cans to paint small parts (mirrors) and it came out pretty good. Make sure you get the basecoat and the clear.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Use a rattle can for both the base coat (color) and clear coat. I did that on one of the headlamp washer covers. Came out really good just like the factory. Make sure the humidity is low on the day you apply the clear coat. Otherwise it may cloud the clear coat. This may not be noticeable with a white base coat though. Mine was dark blue.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
As Power6 said they probably will come pre-primed. If you are not sure then give it a prime coat, white in your case. When you get the part if the surface is shiny or has any gloss to it then it is not primed. Carefully wash the part first and let it dry completely. Best soap to use is dish wash like Dawn. Dawn will remove any grease on the surface.

As always spray outside and use a respirator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
https://www.paintscratch.com/

A body shop is probably going to be too much to mix up paint and spray such a small part. I've used the paintscratch spray cans to paint small parts (mirrors) and it came out pretty good. Make sure you get the basecoat and the clear.
I've been a lurker on this forum for a couple of months after getting my 2019 V60, but I had to create an account just to THANK YOU for this. I also lost my tow hook cover (presumably in the car wash), and I ordered a new one from the dealership but hadn't gotten around to bringing it to a body shop to be painted. This just saved me that step and expense. Thanks again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
853 Posts
silverV60 I think you are looking for part #30 in that diagram, it's called "Lid" vs the "cover" that look like the headlamp washer covers on both sides. Part # looks to be 39793969

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah crap, I think the R design and momentum/inscription models use different tow hook covers bc the front bumpers are different. I ordered a part thinking it was the same for all models but it doesn’t fit???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts