SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to lift my car up to check my A/C drain outlet, but there is no way I can get in there unless I lift the car up. Does anyone know of a place with a rental Service/Oil pit in the South Bay (preferably San Jose)?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Re: Does anyone know of a place with a rental Service/Oil pit in the South Bay? (andersh67)

Its much easier to pull the passenger side center console lower cover and check it there.

A lift would do you no good as there are heat shields covering the underside where the drain comes out of the body.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Does anyone know of a place with a rental Service/Oil pit in the South Bay? (Oceans60R)

Quote, originally posted by Oceans60R »
Its much easier to pull the passenger side center console lower cover and check it there.

Do I need to take off more than the cover I took off for changing the cabin filter? After this where do I find the drain or access to it from behind the console?
Are there any threads out there with instructions and pictures?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Does anyone know of a place with a rental Service/Oil pit in the South Bay? (andersh67)

I realize that the thread now becomes similar to the one I opened regarding the A/C smell and the drain so I am referring over to this thread here instead.
If anyone wants to continue to post regarding service pits, please continue to do so in this thread.

However, if the posts are more related to the A/C smell please go to this page.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=115421

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

Quote, originally posted by andersh67 »

Do I need to take off more than the cover I took off for changing the cabin filter? After this where do I find the drain or access to it from behind the console?
Are there any threads out there with instructions and pictures?

Its actually trim cover for the center console.
Check Page 6 Step 7. http://vccs.volvocars.se/acces...7b1cc
That is the panel to remove.
Then tucked up under the very center of the dash will be the AC drain. You can pop it out. Sometimes the clog up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.