SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design T6 AWD Polestar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My glove box makes rattling/rubbing type noises from time to time, especially on uneven road surfaces and would like to add felt padding to different areas on the back side of the glove box to try and mend the rattling annoying sound of two plastic parts rubbing against each other.<p>I considered taking the XC90 to the dealer to fix it but they're clueless and careless there. Hence, I have no confidence in the ability to fix such things nor the comfort factor that they will not scratch to damage anything while trying to figure out the cause of the rattling/rubbing noise.<p>I tried removing the glove box by opening it up and unscrewing all the bolts that are visible. the glove box moves about an inch forward and then it stops. Is there something else that I need to do? Please help!<p>Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Does anyone know how to remove the glove box? (phantomdg)

I removed mine a couple of time, I did the following:-<p>1) remove 2 screws at the bottom cover plate (same as the one found in ipd instructions to change air con filter)<p>2) remove 3 screws that is covered by the plastic cover removed in step 1<p>3) remove 6 screws directly visible when you open the glove compartment<p>4) pull the glove compartment forward, it moves about 1 to 2" then lift it upwards towards yourself(45 degrees towards ceiling).<p>Re-install in reverse order.<p>Bernard

·
Registered
2016 Volvo XC90 R-Design T6 AWD Polestar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Does anyone know how to remove the glove box? (bernardbay)

Thank you for the information! It looks like all I need to do is second part to number 4. I'll give it a shot again.<p>Much appreciated!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts