SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, does any onyone know the guy at this address?

david crowell
207 S College St
Calhoun MO 65323

Sold him a good usable rear R strut via ebay about two weeks ago. 5-7 days later he opened a return stating that strut had a broken sensor and not working. I messaged him to provide a photo and asked not to ship a broken strut, thinking I would deal with usps insurance instead of me paying for return of something no longer useful. He never responded and mailed the package back to me. Last Friday, I opened the box and leaned he mailed me his busted strut rusted to hell and broken off wire from the sensor. I was fuming! I messaged him again, asking "wtf"? He responded stating this is how he got it, bla-bla. This fuker screwed me over on shipping both ways and took my strut. Ebay is of no help, they always rule in favor of the buyer regardless if the buyer is a stealing pos.

If he is on swedespeed, people need to know not deal with him. I wish I could find a way to teach this bastard a lesson but he is too far away from me. Loading fresh poop into screen where fresh air is sucked into interior would satisfy me.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
eBay sucks so bad. Always in favor of the buyer even when they’re wrong. Sorry man. All you can do is pity the poor bastard. Literally looks like he’s poor too. That looks very depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What a dickhead.
Ive delt with ****ty buyers like that before and I just stuck to my guns, for weeks. eBay will initially side with the buyer but if you keep calling and calmy demand that what happened is not right they will do something about it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
eBay sucks so bad. Always in favor of the buyer even when they’re wrong. Sorry man. All you can do is pity the poor bastard. Literally looks like he’s poor too. That looks very depressing.

I don't know, I can't afford to have a ping pong table in my front yard. Seems like a luxury item to me.... Luxury is only for the rich, so....:p

Sorry you got ripped off, hope it works out, I'm sure he's done it before. I had a friend in highschool who now calls gas stations saying he gave the clerk 50.00 and just now realized they only gave him 20.00 in gas. He brags it works about 60% of the time.... some people are looking to slip through the cracks their entire life...

·
Registered
649 Posts
OP, you post this over in the R owners FB group? Might be a good idea.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Presumably there are adequate pictures of the offered item and returned item, so maybe you could get in touch with the the local District Attorney and see what it takes to file a fraud complaint. Digital pictures have a lot of information embedded in them that can help your case. If any portion of the transaction involved the USPS, there can be some real help there. There's also federal internet fraud agencies, and agencies dealing with interstate crime. Gather up the best evidence you have, including witness statements, and make that man feel the grip of the long arm of the law. You will be surprised at what you can do.
What is his eBay username? How is his feedback?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not on FB.

That ping pong table is about 70 years old, I threw out one just like it when we bought our house with such a "goodie" left in the basement :).

Anyway, Karma will get him, hope his R breaks done in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
....Or he cracks a sleeve! M-F-er. Sorry that happened to you. People suck sometimes.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Presumably there are adequate pictures of the offered item and returned item, so maybe you could get in touch with the the local District Attorney and see what it takes to file a fraud complaint. Digital pictures have a lot of information embedded in them that can help your case. If any portion of the transaction involved the USPS, there can be some real help there. There's also federal internet fraud agencies, and agencies dealing with interstate crime. Gather up the best evidence you have, including witness statements, and make that man feel the grip of the long arm of the law. You will be surprised at what you can do.
What is his eBay username? How is his feedback?
His ebay user name is david*618 with positive feedback of 16 since 2009. Why I really hate ebay is that you can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers like it was years ago.

I've dealt with this before and it also was R owner who bought perfect fuel door from me with brand new hinge, then he complained that it arrived damaged and wouldn't provide pictures. Ebay charged me for return to receive his rusted fuel door with broken latching hole and old broken hinge. Ebay of course supported the bastard and refunded all of his money, so again I covered shipping both ways and was left with ruined fuel door. I did go to police and filed a report. Then I gave report number to ebay, and they refunded me minus return shipping.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I wish I could find a way to teach this bastard a lesson but he is too far away from me. Loading fresh poop into screen where fresh air is sucked into interior would satisfy me.
I believe the Bandido motorcycle gang extends into Missouri.
Sometimes peopled need a little motivation to do the right thing.
I met the son of either the VP or Pres of this gang in the NW. He has some amazing stories.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You have to mark the items when sending and eBay will pay out on seller protection. You have to document it and get on it right away. Try even though it's not marked. They are getting better about listening to sellers.

·
Registered
16,859 Posts
That's a good point. Next sale, use some kinda cool stencil with a hard to reproduce design and color and apply to all sale items. That way the swap will be almost impossible.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have to mark the items when sending and eBay will pay out on seller protection. You have to document it and get on it right away. Try even though it's not marked. They are getting better about listening to sellers.
From pictures, it's pretty obvious that two don't look the same. Mine has rust too due to car spending few years in Vermont but functional and not leaking, his is completely rusted all the way. I sold it cheap but shipping was pricey.
Mine
View attachment 54725

His
View attachment 54727

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Dude isn't on any of the Facebook pages I frequent. Dirtbag. Same thing happened to Connor with a transmission. Sent a good one and got returned the POS that the buyer was replacing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wow, didnt think of that ebay scam.. provided the pictures you have ebay will eventually agree. Call them, they are actually very helpful when you get them on the phone, and they have access to all the info.

I had a payment that I didnt receive, it went to a old inaccessible paypal account, ebay got paypal on the phone and they got it all straightened out, got my money.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Shurgen, sorry youre dealing with this. Only happens to the most honest of sellers. Usually the volvo community is pretty decent IMO.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts