SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of an Electric Silver S60/V70 next to a Mystic Silver S60/V70?

Anything would greatly be appreciated. I'm in a bit of a debate with a friend of mine...

·
Registered
898 Posts
This really isn't a very good picture so I don't know how much it'll help but my Electric Silver R is higher up the hill and Connor's Mystic Silver is behind it.

·
Banned
63,535 Posts
Electric silver is much darker, barely a silver, more like a very light grey.
Muddy and IMO a bad color

·
Registered
96 Posts
I find Electric Silver far more appealing. It looks rich and accentuates the lines of the car nicely. Darker wheels look great on it, too. Tasteful.

·
Banned
63,535 Posts
It's like a very light Anthricite Grey but like many Volvo colors, it just misses the mark like Titanium does.
So many terrific silvers and greys out there but all of Volvo's are just "a bit off" except perhaps Mystic Silver, it's decent enough.
Titanium could have been gorgeous, but it too is too dark, not enough metallic and looks like mud!
Electric Silver is about the same, just "not right" IMO.

·
Registered
898 Posts
It's like a very light Anthricite Grey but like many Volvo colors, it just misses the mark like Titanium does.
So many terrific silvers and greys out there but all of Volvo's are just "a bit off" except perhaps Mystic Silver, it's decent enough.
Titanium could have been gorgeous, but it too is too dark, not enough metallic and looks like mud!
Electric Silver is about the same, just "not right" IMO.
I agree with you to an extent but when you detail Electric Silver it really pops in the sunlight, when it's dark and dull outside you're right though no matter what you do to it. Almost has a like a green-ish flake to it sometimes I've noticed.

·
3,831 Posts
Mystic is flatter and just silver, electric is as the name says. It's almost Electrified (Blue flake). My SR was resprayed an when spraying blew to much blue into into it. Now it has a unique blue hue in heavy light. I personally like EC over mystic any day. I'm a fan of metallics over flat, I like pop... then again I'm a detailer who has seen every color imaginable hok's to audi flats.

Give it a good polish an watch how amazing the paint pops!

·
3,831 Posts
Ec Shots...

Ec Dirty an frozen

Ec Waxed an glossed

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
^^^ If my ES looked that good, I don't know that I would have dipped mine. Amazing as always!

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's what I'm talking about...:thumbup:

·
Registered
136 Posts

Definitely like electric silver more

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^ Thank you so much. That helped big time.

I'm super happy with Electric Silver over Mystic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts