SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Long time C30 owner here. I picked it up in Sweden 11 years ago and have had nearly 130k miles of pleasure. I really need something a little bigger that can also tow 2,500lb's. 2014-16 V60's seem outstanding value. While I could afford a Polestar, I don't want to spend that much. It's the same basic engine as my C30, and my daughters 07 S60, so I know it can safely handle more power and torque, but I can't find any vendors who list tunes for these cars. Does anyone know for sure, especially Volvo themselves so I could (potenmtial) maintain the certified pre-owned Volvo warranty if I got a one from a dealer. I know you used to be able to get 'Polestar' branded tunes at the dealer, but I can't find anything these days. The official Polestar site only talks about the electric cars these days.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
As far as I know, there are no tunes for the T5 5-cylinder engine.
The 4-Cylinder Drive-E might be a different story.

·
Registered
748 Posts
There's Hilton Tuning.

His prices start at $950 for a Stage 1 tune, but you'd need also need a clone VICE device off of amazon/ebay/alibaba, as well as a laptop. I think the Polestar tunes are at around $1500, so it's not a significant cost savings.

https://engineered.polestar.com/us/upgrades/model-selector/

Also, in the T5 does not necessarily mean a 5 cylinder engine in the P3 world as some FWD T5s come with the 2.0L Drive-E engine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Almaz seems to be right, when I check both the Polestar link and Hilton, they are both for the 4cyl T5E and 6 cyl T6 only, non for the T5 5 cyl.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Try Eurosport Tuning. They have Rica tune for the 5cyl. Two stages too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts