SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do88 is a Swedish company, based and rooted in Nykvarn. We have been in this business since 2007 and has mainly had our focus on Saab and Volvo since, with several model adapted intercoolers developed over the years. Earlier this year, we took on the project of developing a bigger and better performin intercooler for the Volvo S60 / V60. Here´s our achievement!

666 USD

As ever, performing continuous and repeated tests to verify that our theories work just as good in practice, as on paper. Using in-house 3D scanning, CFD analysis and flow bench verifying, the step from development to production is never far and we can easily change, modify, rethink and revise our products. We consider our relative smallness as a strength. The products are purchased either directly from us at affordable shipping costs, or from any of our dealers. Customer support is the fundamental corner stone upon which this company rests. Once emerging as a reaction to the absolute lack of customer support related to major, renowned companies, we take our customers very seriously. This is crucial to us. The treatment is supposed to be personal and all questions are answered ASAP. That is the way of do88.

Offered to you is this intercooler for Volvo S60 / V60. This is a top of the line product and the perfect choice for anyone looking to upgrade!

Purchasing a do88 product gives you the right to accept top quality and top performance, at reasonable cost. Let´s lay it out in figures for you:

* Enlarged core volume with 74 %, 13342cm3 (7676cm3).
* % improved air flow through the core at 0,15 bar / 2,18 psi, 448CFM (335CFM).
* 28 % lower post intercooler temperature during the same conditions, 31°C (53°C).
* Offset Bar & Plate cell core.
* Drop in fitment.
* Thorough mounting instructions. See it here!

Fitment guide:

Volvo S60 / V60 without radar in grille (for adaptive cruise control and pedestrian detection)

Engine: Modelyear:

T3* 2011-
T4* 2011-
2,0T 2010
T5 2011-
T6 2014-
T6 AWD 2010-
T6 Polestar 2014-

D3 2010-
D4 2013-
D4 AWD 2013-
D5 2010-
D5 AWD 2010-

Transmission:
Fits both manual and automatic gearbox.

OEM-reference: 31338475 / 31319423

*Only cars with 2 litre engine.​

We are ready to ship this item worldwide within 1-2 days. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] , or go right ahead and order your intercooler at any of our partners:

http://www.eeuroparts.com
http://www.eurosporttuning.com
http://www.vivaperformance.com
http://re-volvparts.com

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Thanks for the info!

I thought all T6 Polestars have radar in the grill? In that case this intercooler isn't installable on these cars. Am I correct? Is do88 working on one that accommodates the radar?

Also has do88 considered a variant that improves the T6 Polestar intercooler and provides transmission oil cooling?

·
Registered
104 Posts
yes im curious about this as well... the price seems reasonable for an intercooler upgrade and those numbers sound promising.

From my knowledge all the polestars have radar detection in them... so how could these numbers be from a polestar?

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will be looking at making a version for cars with radar as well. Probably this spring. It appears that the US-spec cars differ from the European ones, as to why we have listed this for T6 as well. It is not compatible with cars with radar anyhow. We have not considered additional transmission cooling at this point, but all suggestions are welcome. Is overheating an issue on the transmission for these cars?

Regards
Isak, do88.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ive read somewhere that someone took their P* to the track and had the transmission go into limp mode automatically shifting at 5k... a transmission cooler would be a nice upgrade yes

·
Registered
404 Posts
Is overheating an issue on the transmission for these cars?

Regards
Isak, do88.
It is an issue, but probably an easy fix with an oil cooler. We would just need a kit with a good cooler (one of the Setrab coolers you sell) and the necessary fittings, hoses, and mounting hardware to splice into the return line from the factory cooler.

·
Registered
55 Posts
we will be looking at making a version for cars with radar as well. Probably this spring. It appears that the us-spec cars differ from the european ones, as to why we have listed this for t6 as well. It is not compatible with cars with radar anyhow. We have not considered additional transmission cooling at this point, but all suggestions are welcome. Is overheating an issue on the transmission for these cars?

Regards
isak, do88.
please make one for the polestar with radar and i will order immediately!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
ive read somewhere that someone took their P* to the track and had the transmission go into limp mode automatically shifting at 5k... a transmission cooler would be a nice upgrade yes
To do88...

As foxy stated, yes, 5.5k. And I thought I'd add to what is quoted, not just one person reported this. But every person that took it to the track and spent at least 10 or 15 minutes or more out there at 9.5/10ths - 10/10ths experienced the transmission go into protection mode due to overheating. I'm seriously doubting I will go out to the track again unless I have a transmission cooler.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by do88 View Post
we will be looking at making a version for cars with radar as well. Probably this spring. It appears that the us-spec cars differ from the european ones, as to why we have listed this for t6 as well. It is not compatible with cars with radar anyhow. We have not considered additional transmission cooling at this point, but all suggestions are welcome. Is overheating an issue on the transmission for these cars?

Regards
isak, do88.
please make one for the polestar with radar and i will order immediately!!!!

+1

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it sounds like the oil cooler needs some improvement. We´ll keep that in mind to when it´s time to do the radar one.

Regards
Isak, do88.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
do88, I tripped the transmission high temp on track as well. It was a hot day and after about 30 min pushing it hard I got the warning. Luckily it was time for a cool down lap.

If you can build a combined intercooler and oil cooler that has allowance for the radar, you will likely sell a lot of them.

·
Registered
950 Posts
You did get a warning? I cant remember that a warning considering transmissiontemp poped up when I was at the ring. But the car startet to shift at 5.5k in manual mode though.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I was starting my cool down lap when the warning appeared so I wasn't pushing the car anymore and stayed well under 5.5k. By end of the lap the warning cleared. I'll eventually get a video posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.