SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at installing a Do88 Intercooler. Is it worth the $470 to upgrade the hoses at the same time?

Bicycle part Font Auto part Electric blue Fashion accessory

·
Registered
824 Posts
T
I'm looking at installing a Do88 Intercooler. Is it worth the $450 to upgrade the hoses at the same time?
The Do88 hoses are not bigger they are just silicone. If you are really looking to also increase the performance, you will want to look at getting the Snabb bigger charge pipe kit. It is well worth the upgrade!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I purchased the hose kit to go with my d088 install... not for any added performance, but to aid in making installation easier since I did not know what kind of shape the original OEM hoses were in .. I was actually quite surprised at the condition the hoses were from my 2012 .. they were still quite good condition.. if I were to do it all over knowing what i know now, I probably would have not bothered with the hose kit ..

·
Registered
824 Posts
I purchased the hose kit to go with my d088 install... not for any added performance, but to aid in making installation easier since I did not know what kind of shape the original OEM hoses were in .. I was actually quite surprised at the condition the hoses were from my 2012 .. they were still quite good condition.. if I were to do it all over knowing what i know now, I probably would have not bothered with the hose kit ..
I also have a d088 hose kit, but I ordered them, so that I could cut the hoses and change the length of them but still keep the OEM bends. The reason for this was because the bigger turbo pushed some things forward.

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info! I was looking at the Snabb intercooler hose kit but it doesn't look like it's any bigger either. @bilqueenis- you must be referring to a different item than what I'm seeing. I'll stick with just the intercooler and save the extra $$$ for the upcoming Hilton tune which is coming next.

Shoe Sports gear Glove Gesture Finger

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thanks for the info! I was looking at the Snabb intercooler hose kit but it doesn't look like it's any bigger either. @bilqueenis- you must be referring to a different item than what I'm seeing. I'll stick with just the intercooler and save the extra $$$ for the upcoming Hilton tune which is coming next.

View attachment 134453
You are correct, I am referring to a different item. Those are the OEM replacement ones, the kit that I am talking about is the bigger charge pipe and hose kit. It comes with all the charge pipes increased in size for more airflow, all the silicone connectors and also all of the hose clamps!

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent- Thanks!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Having reused the stock hoses, I’d say you’ll be happy to have the extra pliability of the silicone hoses. The factory hoses are STIFF. They are a b1ch to put back on the DO88 inlet and outlet. It took me multiple hours of struggling and lots of curse words to get them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts