SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried it few times during demo drives but I somehow felt it was much easier to park manually :) But maybe after one gets used to it can be helpful ? Do you use it in practical life often ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I never use it. I tried it once in perpendicular parking, but it took a long time (three or four attempts). I definitively prefer to park manually. I got the option as I wanted all the parking sensors (front and back). With the 360 camera and the sensors it is really easy to manually park. I guess the parking assistant may turn out useful, if you are really not good at parking or if you need to park and have a sore neck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
more interested in experience with perpendicular parking as well.
:) with my Benz, by the time you give signal to the spot, then choose reverse, and finally confirm with OK, the car behind you start to beep in fury!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I use it about 3 times a month, she stays further from the curb than I do so I figure she's less likely to scratch a rim. I haven't curbed a rim in many years but it still haunts me. The kids love to see it in action also.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just to show off with families! Hahaha! If it's not busy, yes, but if the parking is jammed with vehicles and everyone is fighting for a spot then it's best to do it manually. I say the car prefers to park in-between two cars, but it does park much better than I am. It just needs sometime to get used to letting go of the wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts