SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 XC90 will be getting Intellisafe2 upgrade and Android Auto and 2nd USB installed for a total all inclusive price of $460.

Fair deal or was I softly shafted?

Buyer's remorse already kicking in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
No way did you get screwed. Putting in the new USB takes a bit of dismantling that would easily take an hour plus. The software costs probably $100 and then an hour plus to make that happen. Add to that the USB parts. I think you did very well indeed!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way did you get screwed. Putting in the new USB takes a bit of dismantling that would easily take an hour plus. The software costs probably $100 and then an hour plus to make that happen. Add to that the USB parts. I think you did very well indeed!
Oh thanks for the word of comfort! I feel much better now.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't most of that from the calculated labor?
My quotation was as follows:

1. INTELLISAFE
- Software: $25 exc Tax
- Labour: $33 exc Tax

Total pre-Tax =$58 and post tax total $67

2. AA & 2nd USB
- Device: $230
- Kit: $58
- USB Hub: $23
- Labour: $57

Total pre-Tax = $368 and post tax =$423

TOTAL ALL INCLUSIVE POST TAX BEFORE NEGOTIATIONS = $490

After asking for some discount = $460 all inclusive + Volvo coffee mug

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My quotation was as follows:

1. INTELLISAFE
- Software: $25 exc Tax
- Labour: $33 exc Tax

Total pre-Tax =$58 and post tax total $67

2. AA & 2nd USB

And they told me those prices were already discounted before I asked for a further discount...

·
Registered
653 Posts
At that pricing I probably would have checked into how much would it have cost to trade in for a 2020 model. Get all of the new stuff and start your warranty timeline over again.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At that pricing I probably would have checked into how much would it have cost to trade in for a 2020 model. Get all of the new stuff and start your warranty timeline over again.
LOL

I was tempted to do so with a new 70L fuel tank T8 but concluded that I'd rather stick to my 2016 model for now, and use the price difference between trade in and the new vehicle on fuel for my 2016.

I don't see how Volvo won't knock off at least 40% off the original price I paid 3 years ago for a new model. I'd rather have that 40% better spent on fuel.

In 2 - 3 years time, I may trade it in for a V8 diesel Range Rover long wheelbase

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
2. AA & 2nd USB

Interesting. I wonder what "Device" is; I thought AA capability would involve the USB hub and some wiring kit and s/w update within Sensus, but this seem to imply there's another physical module (aka "Device") that houses some controller board for AA.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Interesting. I wonder what "Device" is; I thought AA capability would involve the USB hub and some wiring kit and s/w update within Sensus, but this seem to imply there's another physical module (aka "Device") that houses some controller board for AA.
There is a "device" which likely works the way you supposed.

See link below. There appears to be a box (device) perhaps responsible for the core functions of this AA

https://accessories.volvocars.com/I...07-7/en-za/XC90(16-)/2016/T8 AWD (Twin Engine)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
See link below. There appears to be a box (device) perhaps responsible for the core functions of this AA
Interesting. If that box that sits behind the USB openings is the "device", then I'm not sure what separate module the "USB Hub" is, because I assumed that the "device" having USB connectors (one with AA capability, and the other a basic USB) would qualify as including "USB Hub" in it.

But that's just details, I suppose. The main point is that you now have a working AA function, and that the price seem unsurprising. All that's left is to enjoy the feature.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting. If that box that sits behind the USB openings is the "device", then I'm not sure what separate module the "USB Hub" is, because I assumed that the "device" having USB connectors (one with AA capability, and the other a basic USB) would qualify as including "USB Hub" in it.

But that's just details, I suppose. The main point is that you now have a working AA function, and that the price seem unsurprising. All that's left is to enjoy the feature.
It appears the hub is simply the plate with 2 USB ports and nothing else, to which they'd then attach the "device".

Can Tech advice me here? Since I had Apple CarPlay installed before, does it mean it did not have or make use of the so called "device" before?

I'm going to ask them to return all old material to me so I can see what's new and what's old. I expect to have the old single USB slot plate, and perhaps the old "device" for CarPlay only, but unsure what else. We shall see.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This is the receipt from my AA installation. Not sure if those are part numbers. Even I had Apple carplay before getting AA installed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
This is the receipt from my AA installation.
Interesting; the "Device" says "Device mirroring a". Which reminds me, mirroring devices like the ROIK doesn't cost that much more compared to this Android Auto add-on (for MY2016 SPA).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts