SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been jonesing for a staggered fitment setup on my coupe. I am wondering if I can get a 17x10 et25 wheel back there if I go a conservative tire like a 245/45-17.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I run 8" wide wheels with an effective offset (40 minus 16mm spacer) of 24, and I had to trim the fender liners and roll the fender lip a bit to keep them from rubbing, not sure how much room to the inside there is but I think 10 inch will be a bit much. You're looking at significant stretch with a 245 tire, right? That might be what saves it.

The weird thing about these cars is they don't rub on the top of the fender, they rub on the front of the fender well, and at the joint where the bumper meets the body. It's the way the body curves in as it goes down.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I run a staggered setup.

19x9.5f 235.35.19 corrected that can work 32, 37, 42 Started with 62mm

19x10.5r 265.30.19 corrected to 27mm

It's hella flush. Like paper thin. Rolled the whole fender front and rear.

Wheels are for porsche 996 non turbo, narrow body. These came in 62mm offset.

No need to stretch a 245 over a 10 inch, that's your choice though. Maybe a 255

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
16mm spacer? So you running longer studs? When i had mine made motor sport tech said smallest is 19mm with studs. My smallest is 20mm iirc,is been so long since i messed with my setup. Probably going on 4 years now.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
16mm spacer? So you running longer studs? When i had mine made motor sport tech said smallest is 19mm with studs. My smallest is 20mm iirc,is been so long since i messed with my setup. Probably going on 4 years now.

If you get a second can you take a pic up into the rear fenderwell so I can see how drastic your fender roll needed to be?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts

Yeah, long bolts only in the rear. Tha'ts how H&R sells their spacers up to 20mm. The bolts were dangerously low engagement at 20mm though, like 5 threads. 16mm made it so Pegasus wheels didn't rub at all, then I got these Enkeis and they rubbed all over again. I really should have just gone to a 10mm spacer for these wheels but I love the look so I just rolled the fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.