SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with experience in installing an aftermarket remote starter in his/her Volvo ?

I have a 2007 S60 2.5T FWD.

Looking at installing a CrimeStopper Cool Start™ RS2-G3 / 2-Way FM/FM LED Paging Single-Button Remote Start & Keyless Entry System, along with a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module and an ALU Universal transponder antenna loop to be used with an OEM key.

I now have a pretty good idea as to where the different wires must be connected but looking to confirm same and maybe find a better location for some of the wires without having to go in the doors, engine compartment and trunk concerning for example, the door lock-unlock, tach signal, side view heated mirror and rear heated window connections.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All I can say is this is the one car upgrade I would pay to have done by someone experiancd. For a simple 1-way 3000 ft Compustar it was $385 for everything from a mobile installer, came right to the house on a Toyota Van I have. Takes forever to warm up in the cabin

I was quoted $685 for a similar setup in the XC90 due to the key system and the individual diodes needed for the lighting circuits.

1200+ for BMWs and Mercedes.. If they can be done.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts