SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you get to keep the temp Swedish plates with ODS. If so, anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, you get to keep them, and no I don't want to sell mine;)

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
They can be found on ebay... aprox $40 for the going rate.

·
Registered
917 Posts
No way I’m selling one😎

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'd be happy to sell mine . . . for USD$100,000

·
Registered
473 Posts
And so, in the state of MA, I need front and back plates. Creative ideas to have both MA and my Swedish plates, please?
I just mount the State plate on top of the "Red" plate. There are a few OSD that do this.Makes it fun to spot one. On my commute I see a house where there are 2 OSD Volvo's. I really want to stop & talk to them. But I'm afraid of a stalking order :nono:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've had a few great conversations with red plate people I've encountered in parking lots. It's like a secret club!

·
Registered
331 Posts
And so, in the state of MA, I need front and back plates. Creative ideas to have both MA and my Swedish plates, please?
I'm trying to talk my dad into giving me his green plate, but not likely while he is still driving. I'm going to see if I can get a viynl decal version made and put it on the back window

·
Registered
650 Posts
Ditto! The White "See Sweden by Volvo" sticker and the FDC license frame, likewise, attracts many an enjoyable conversation.
True that! Actually had a guy in a newish MB follow me to my destination the other day to ask some questions about my V90 T6 Inscription. The red plate and S sticker drew his eye to the car, and as he looked at the styling he got more curious. First words out of his mouth were, “what a fabulous looking car, what is it, where did you get it...etc, etc.”

·
Registered
62 Posts
We kept red plates on the front and had our Alabama tag customized with the same letters as our Swedish tag. Love this secret little club even though I haven't met another member yet stateside. I did see one red plate in Disney World parking lot once but no one around the car. On the other hand we get countless remarks like "Overseas delivery.. I've never even heard of that..Very cool!"

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
We kept red plates on the front and had our Alabama tag customized with the same letters as our Swedish tag. Love this secret little club even though I haven't met another member yet stateside. I did see one red plate in Disney World parking lot once but no one around the car. On the other hand we get countless remarks like "Overseas delivery.. I've never even heard of that..Very cool!"
It's been a few years since we visited Legoland in San Diego, but they used to have a section "reserved" for Volvo cars. The day we visited, there were three other OSD cars very close to ours. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Red Plate for sale....

I was wondering if you get to keep the temp Swedish plates with ODS. If so, anyone have one for sale?

I have a red plate I am not using and will sell. Send best offer.

texasbiggs

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lost my red plate somewhere between the dealership and home today. I need a more secure way to attach. I had a European frame that snaps together with the plate sandwiched in the frame. Apparently it came apart and plate fell out. Luckily I have a spare plate. But if I see it on someone’s car we’re going to have words..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Lost my red plate somewhere between the dealership and home today. I need a more secure way to attach. I had a European frame that snaps together with the plate sandwiched in the frame. Apparently it came apart and plate fell out. Luckily I have a spare plate. But if I see it on someone’s car we’re going to have words..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you retrace your drive? You might still be in luck . . .

·
Registered
119 Posts
After I returned home from picking up my car at the dealership, I noticed they had swapped my Gothenburg FDC plate frame with a dealer frame. I was seconds away from calling them with some choice words when I checked under the cargo floor and found it. I immediately swapped it back. But still that was quite presumptuous!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts