SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I successfully passed the squirrel avoidance course this morning. It was heading right for the tire and I had just enough room to swerve around him.

After I calmed down a bit, I realized how nicely the car handled that situation. I had jerked the wheel pretty hard at 60 mph and stayed in total control. Maybe I should do some sudden swerving on the freeway just for fun.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: Do they make a squirrel sticker? (frankhoffy)

Quote, originally posted by frankhoffy »
I successfully passed the squirrel avoidance course this morning. It was heading right for the tire and I had just enough room to swerve around him.

After I calmed down a bit, I realized how nicely the car handled that situation. I had jerked the wheel pretty hard at 60 mph and stayed in total control. Maybe I should do some sudden swerving on the freeway just for fun.

Damn good thing too. You'd hate to see what one of those things can do if they hit your windshield. That's why Volvo designs their cars to pass the "Flying Squirrel Test"

·
Registered
972 Posts
Re: Do they make a squirrel sticker? (frankhoffy)

Quote, originally posted by frankhoffy »
I've experienced many similar situations but never a squirrel. I've dodged almost everything from possoms, dogs, cats and the dreadful flying plastic paper bags. On several occasions I came close to side swipping the guy next to me so from then on I figure it's not even worth it anymore, too dangerous to suddenly avoid objects which may then result and cause accidents. I'l just run em over from now on.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: Do they make a squirrel sticker? (blackTT55)

Yup, the squirrel survives and runs off to make more squirrels. But some person gets terribly injured or killed avoiding it. It's just not worth the risks.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: Do they make a squirrel sticker? (blackTT55)

Quote, originally posted by blackTT55 »

I've experienced many similar situations but never a squirrel. I've dodged almost everything from possoms, dogs, cats and the dreadful flying plastic paper bags. On several occasions I came close to side swipping the guy next to me so from then on I figure it's not even worth it anymore, too dangerous to suddenly avoid objects which may then result and cause accidents. I'l just run em over from now on.

Don't make fun of the plastic bags. I still have to clean off a bit of plastic bag that melted onto my engine cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.