SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought ebay 55w bulbs for foglights for cheap. Ended up replacing both foglights.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Milk was a baaaad choice. Bummer.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Wow. Sorry for your loss. I bet they were damn bright before they melted down.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I had the same thing happen, the fog enclosures can't handle the heat that HID bulbs emit there no ventilation either. Stick with LEDs.

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But it was regular halogen. Now I wired hid 35w well see how it does.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I hope you messaged the seller and complained man that's unexpected and unfortunate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think 55w hid for this fog lights are too much. Bummer

·
Registered
199 Posts
Waffle, I don't agree with you there. Bulbs are cheap AF to produce. They're also cheap to purchase at wholesale, especially in large quantity. The seller might make a $4+ profit on each set.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I use 55w ebay bulbs all the time for fog lights never had any issues. They're dirt cheap but haven't had an issue with premature failure or melting. Maybe they sent you 100w by accident?

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Waffle, I don't agree with you there. Bulbs are cheap AF to produce. They're also cheap to purchase at wholesale, especially in large quantity. The seller might make a $4+ profit on each set.
JMHO. Had very bad luck in the past with cheap eBay bulbs on other cars I've owned. I usually just buy Silverstars and call it a day

·
Registered
199 Posts
JMHO. Had very bad luck in the past with cheap eBay bulbs on other cars I've owned. I usually just buy Silverstars and call it a day
Usually a safe bet, a pretty bright too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got em from hidnation. I think ballast fails sometime. But they work and no issues so far. Just bought 3000k for winter. They're pretty bright buy ill do harness modification and extend wires.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Got em from hidnation. I think ballast fails sometime. But they work and no issues so far. Just bought 3000k for winter. They're pretty bright buy ill do harness modification and extend wires.

Thanks I was thinking of buying a 3000k kit as well I just wanted to make sure because several people had say they are a disaster and don't work as good as halogens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts