SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

DL Plus

998 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  towerymt 
#1 ·
Okay, I was talking about our new 245 with a buddy of mine who worked for a Volvo dealer for several years. He says our 240 is a DL plus, based on the fact that it's a DL with power windows and cruise control. This was apparently an option package of some sort.

The car also has heated seats, vinyl and an auto tranny, but I believe all of this was standard or a stand alone option correct?

#2 ·
What year is your 245? Volvo played the name game with the 'GL' moniker, deleting it and bringing it back a couple of times during the 240's run. It's possible during one of those 'GL-less' years that a DL+ package might have been offered.

My '83 DL was equipped with optional power locks, A/C and a casette stereo. All wagons got vinyl standard, and the auto tranny was always either standard or optional by itself. The heated seats depend on the model year - my '83 DL does not have them, but I think they became a standard item in '85.

#5 ·
Thanks for thinking of me. That looks like a great deal if it doesn't go up to much. I won one on ebay about a month ago, and the guy claims he is sending it to me. We shall see.

My cousin also has one as it turns out, and sold his 245 several years ago. Either way, I'm covered, but again thanks for thinking of me.

#6 ·
Sounds like it may be a legit package. That was a 'GL-less' year. The base model in '90 was simply called '240' (sold WITHOUT RADIO!!!), and the '240 DL' added a radio and some other nice things as standard. A 'DL+' option sounds like a convenient way to package some of the most popular extras...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.