SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I was talking about our new 245 with a buddy of mine who worked for a Volvo dealer for several years. He says our 240 is a DL plus, based on the fact that it's a DL with power windows and cruise control. This was apparently an option package of some sort.<P>The car also has heated seats, vinyl and an auto tranny, but I believe all of this was standard or a stand alone option correct?

·
Registered
691 Posts
What year is your 245? Volvo played the name game with the 'GL' moniker, deleting it and bringing it back a couple of times during the 240's run. It's possible during one of those 'GL-less' years that a DL+ package might have been offered.<P>My '83 DL was equipped with optional power locks, A/C and a casette stereo. All wagons got vinyl standard, and the auto tranny was always either standard or optional by itself. The heated seats depend on the model year - my '83 DL does not have them, but I think they became a standard item in '85.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
George, if you're still in need of a cargo gate for your 245, there's one on ebay right now. Starts at $20 with no reserve and no bids as of right now. Auction ends this Monday, 12:40pm (early afternoon).<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=597764208&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>Item # 597764208</A><P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for thinking of me. That looks like a great deal if it doesn't go up to much. I won one on ebay about a month ago, and the guy claims he is sending it to me. We shall see. <P>My cousin also has one as it turns out, and sold his 245 several years ago. Either way, I'm covered, but again thanks for thinking of me.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sounds like it may be a legit package. That was a 'GL-less' year. The base model in '90 was simply called '240' (sold WITHOUT RADIO!!!), and the '240 DL' added a radio and some other nice things as standard. A 'DL+' option sounds like a convenient way to package some of the most popular extras...

·
Registered
313 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 11110000:<BR><B>The heated seats depend on the model year - my '83 DL does not have them, but I think they became a standard item in '85. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not '85, I don't have them.<P>cheers,<BR>scott<P>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts