SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came back to my car the other day and noticed about a half dollar sized dent on the forward edge of my passenger door. Not a big deal, but noticeable. The paint is in perfect shape so I'm thinking I can try one of those DIY dent removal kits. Anyone go this route and have any suggestions, advice?

·
3,831 Posts
I would take it to local PDR guy, it's well worth the 85-130$. To really get it right you'll have to remove the door panel unless you have a whole assortment of tools.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Like Driver says take it to the PDR place. without proper tools and a line board, it will look worse than just leaving it alone

·
Registered
297 Posts
So I came back to my car the other day and noticed about a half dollar sized dent on the forward edge of my passenger door. Not a big deal, but noticeable. The paint is in perfect shape so I'm thinking I can try one of those DIY dent removal kits. Anyone go this route and have any suggestions, advice?
I started to do my own PDR with a couple of kits from Amazon. Practiced on a few non car dents to get the hang of it. Took a few tries but once you develop the skill set it great to have. If you are a DIY kind of person, I think you'll feel a great sense of accomplishment.

·
Registered
478 Posts
all depends on how good u want to be. most PDR guys will charge $30 for a small dent. i've done the glue sticks. comes out 80%. hard to do get it perfect if you can't get behind the dent and slowly work the sheet metal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts