55,881 Posts
Congrats on the installation!

:partywave:

·
Registered
2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Just revisiting this thread here, I noticed that you installed the HU that was pictured in which the "Android" logo was mirrored both on the factory pop-up navigation screen, as well as the new HU screen itself. My InCarTec kit doesn't allow me to pop-up the factory navigation screen. I'm wondering if re-inserting the ICM/Infotainment Control Module (radio, etc.) and stuffing it behind the new Pioneer HU I installed will "fix" whatever CANbus errors or fiber-optic loops that have been interrupted and allow me to use the screen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I already have the Legend kit installed, it works, with some small problems.
One of them is just 2 channel aux connection to the original amplifter, so i cant use the internal front/back fader.
Does the original Amplifter have an 4 channel in? Or just 2 Channel Aux? Does anyone have the wiring diagram?
If someone has questions about the legend system, go and ask me.

regards

·
Registered
594 Posts
Original Volvo amplifier is 4 channel outputs (for high performance) and 5 channel outputs for Dolby Surround.
The inputs are 2-channel (left/right) digital streams within a MOST Fiber connection.

The amplifier does the volume / fader / balance / mixing / Dolby processing fully digitally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
After weeks of research, reading everything I could find.. I went with the solution in this group: Facebook Groups
I haven't received it yet, it's shipping at the moment, but the people that did receive it were really happy about it.
just ordered mine :) How's your working for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its ok. The handsfree sound is not that good, you will need an extra microfon. Then the buttons on steering wheel wont be on until you press them. And sometimes it is a bit slow, for my experience. By the way, where is the original mikrofon cabel going to? 2014 executive...

·
Registered
2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
I'm also going to be posting this in the Classifieds forum.

I'm interested in possibly upgrading to a larger 9" floating screen head unit. Would anybody be interested in purchasing my Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX from me for $450? It was installed in October 2020 and has been barely used as the car itself is rarely used. It's in like-new condition and has zero scratches or any blemishes. Works perfectly, no issues; once again, just want to upgrade (possibly to a Pioneer DMH-WT7600NEX).

It's one of the best Wireless Apple CarPlay AND Android Auto stereo head units out there, without GPS built-in. See link for more information.

It will come with the original box, original packaging, as well as new audio and power harnesses, the original remote, a new GPS antenna, and a new mic. Basically, it will come with everything that a new one would come with. On top of that, it will come with a Double-DIN mounting cage to fit into any Double-DIN slot (similar to this) AND a Volvo XC90-specific facia kit.

Here are some photos of it.

I'm in the Portland, OR area and would prefer to hand it off to someone local that I could meet in-person. However, if you're interested and far out, PM me and we can figure something out regarding shipping. I will only accept offers that are PM'd to me via SwedeSpeed or that are written in replies below in this discussion.

I can take PayPal, Venmo, cash, but no wire transfers and no cheques.

Let me know if anyone's interested, and please don't hesitate to reach out for more information or questions!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Since we've got the space for it why go for a 1-DIN floating unit instead of a larger 2-DIN solution that fills up the space? Like the Legend unit referenced above.

·
Registered
2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Since we've got the space for it why go for a 1-DIN floating unit instead of a larger 2-DIN solution that fills up the space? Like the Legend unit referenced above.
You know, the only reason I stayed away from the Legend Audio unit from FB was because of the lack of warranty or tech support. As far as I know, it's a guy in Taiwan independently manufacturing these units and selling them. I'll go take a look at it, it's been some time since I last check the FB group out. Maybe I'll change my mind? Please feel free to correct me if there is tech support or warranty or something on those things now... Thaks for the reminder.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, yah, it is just a dude in Taiwan, but he seems to be pretty responsive to people when they have issues. Not sure what his policies are though.

Reactions: 08XC90V8
61 - 72 of 72 Posts