SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont have a tape measure on me, and im not walking outside right now...<br>so does anyone know the distance between the inside of the tire and the inner wheel well?<p>thx.<p>also, what is the distance between the two front tires (center to center)

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Re: distance between tire and inner wheel well (phuz)

Psst....you might want to look at <A HREF="http://www.volvocars.us/NR/rdonlyres/A8405FA2-3C41-4B24-A25C-F8B7CC750364/6086/S60MY06.pdf" TARGET="_blank">page 42</A>.<p>-Eric

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know whats funny...that doc. says the turning circle is 38.7ft, while that one website shows the turning circle as 43.3 ft. anyone know which is true?

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
n/m that is for non-R vehicles. how silly of me to think that.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Re: (phuz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>phuz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">n/m that is for non-R vehicles. how silly of me to think that.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Haha, they should just replace 43.3 with: <br> Turning Cirlce: Might as well be a mack truck.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK...finally some RESULTS!!!!<p>I have been playing in autocad using the s60r dimensions. assuming a stock 43.3 ft. turning radius. if you were to add 10mm spacers up front but cut the bump stops back so that the wheel could turn further, you would be close to a 38 ft. circle.<p>i know we talked briefly on this before and it was "deemed" a negligible difference, but here ya go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts