SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums, burned different discs in iTunes and Toast, but I can't get the DISCTEXT function to work. All I can get is disc # and track # on the screen (and yes, this is with the disctext option selected in the menu). How do I burn a CD on my Mac so the text shows up in the S40?<p>Please make any directions painfully clear--I'm willing to feel pretty stupid.<p>Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: DISCTEXT--how to get? (steverino)

Make sure you're using the right software, and using it correctly. iTunes does not support disc text, so any discs you burn using it won't have text. Toast does, I believe, but you have to make sure that the "disc text" setting is checked before you burn the disc. I don't use Toast myself, so I can't be more specific about where the option is.

·
Registered
555 Posts

I've noticed that CD's burned with my old computer and software (NERO Burning Software) have the disc text, while cd's burned with my new computer and software (Sonic RecordNow!) doesn't have the text. I know what you mean it's quite frustrating.

·
Registered
19 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>steverino</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've searched the forums, burned different discs in iTunes and Toast, but I can't get the DISCTEXT function to work. All I can get is disc # and track # on the screen (and yes, this is with the disctext option selected in the menu). How do I burn a CD on my Mac so the text shows up in the S40?<p>Please make any directions painfully clear--I'm willing to feel pretty stupid.<p>Thanks in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Don't know if Nero is available on Macs, but it is by far the best burning program. Does indeed support CD Text, which is accessible by selecting Properties for the files to be burned. The sound quality difference versus iTunes is incredible, probably due mostly to the inline EQ and user-selectable track leveling method.<p>I know for sure Roxio Easy Media Creator supports CD Text, so I suspect Toast does.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Re: DISCTEXT--how to get? (daleband)

free player that supports text burning<br>Realplayer

·
Registered
344 Posts

Here's the obvious question question that no one has asked yet. What audio system do you have. <p>Standard, high-performance or premium?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: DISCTEXT--how to get? (Dede)

Sorry Dede,<p>I have the premium system. (I thought this was implicit since the U.S. owner's manual says only the CD changer has DISCTEXT and the changer comes with the premium.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts