SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
First post! I am currently looking at some 2019 Volvo XC60 Momentum T5's. So far the average discount off the MSRP I have been getting is around 10%. I thought with the 2020's arriving that I would be able to get a little more off. For example in one XC60 the sticker was around $52K, and they came back at $46,800 plus sales tax and doc fee. Curious if anyone else is getting anything better from their dealers. I am in NJ, and would be financing. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
109 Posts
10% before incentives isn't bad, but an aggressive dealer can do better. 10% after incentives isn't that great. Looks like NJ has $1500 in incentives on a T5 MOM AWD right now, assuming you don't qualify for loyalty or military. $45,000 plus TTL should be do able if you don't mind a few dealers telling you no first.

·
Registered
95 Posts
New 2018s are still available and the discount is really good, that’s what I did. 2020 OSD pricing is competitive with 2018 pricing and often better than what you can find on 2019s. I was pretty close to going OSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,
So far the average discount off the MSRP I have been getting is around 10%.
Not sure if you're interested in leasing, but here's all the detail on a lease deal I signed at the end of July:

I leased a 2019 T6 Momentum about 3 weeks ago (Denim blue, leather seats (not the fully upgraded ones), heated wheel, premium package, booster seats - $53,995 USD MSRP). I negotiated the sale price down to 12.8% off MSRP before incentives (last month the offers in my region were $4,000 in allowances from Volvo and an additional $1,000 from the Costco Auto Program). After putting down all 10 of the possible multiple security deposits up front, I ended up getting a 3 year, 12K mile lease for $414/month with zero down (except for the MSDs, which I'll get back at the end of the lease). Putting in those MSDs up front resulted in an effective APR of 0.41%.

So far I LOVE the car, but I do have 2 gripes:

1. After heavy rain, the door seals have been holding excess water - when each door is opened it's like a bucket of water has dropped onto the ground. I'll call a dealership to have this taken care of.
2. I really wish the car had the upgraded seats with 4-way lumbar support. After a road trip, my back was bugging me - the lumbar support is too low for me and that cannot be adjusted. I'm hoping I get used to it, but does anyone know if this can be upgraded?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The nappa leather luxury seats fit my body really well, but they are too firm for me to call them comfortable

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
It's not a Buick... or a old generation Volvo. They aren't slapping too much on the hoods to move em.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not sure if you're interested in leasing, but here's all the detail on a lease deal I signed at the end of July:

I leased a 2019 T6 Momentum about 3 weeks ago (Denim blue, leather seats (not the fully upgraded ones), heated wheel, premium package, booster seats - $53,995 USD MSRP). I negotiated the sale price down to 12.8% off MSRP before incentives (last month the offers in my region were $4,000 in allowances from Volvo and an additional $1,000 from the Costco Auto Program). After putting down all 10 of the possible multiple security deposits up front, I ended up getting a 3 year, 12K mile lease for $414/month with zero down (except for the MSDs, which I'll get back at the end of the lease). Putting in those MSDs up front resulted in an effective APR of 0.41%.

So far I LOVE the car, but I do have 2 gripes:

1. After heavy rain, the door seals have been holding excess water - when each door is opened it's like a bucket of water has dropped onto the ground. I'll call a dealership to have this taken care of.
I haven’t had this problem but that seems like a good lease price. In what area did you get the car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven’t had this problem but that seems like a good lease price. In what area did you get the car?
Volvo Cars Annapolis, MD. I worked with a wonderful salesman named Joe Moore there - he was honest and didn't play any games. We negotiated a deal before I made the trek there and he stuck to it entirely.

For perspective on the deal, I was quoted anywhere from $85/month to $185/month more for similarly equipped cars at other dealers (their "best" offers). My experience is that sometimes you just may find that one dealership really wants to move cars at the end of the month.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Im in Maryland..best price by far for me was from Oursmann in Bethesda....I think they just rotate you gives the lower price each week,lol I drove to Annanpolis and they were not even in the ballpark...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Where in NJ? Is taking a trip into the poconos, pa too far? If not reach out to Ray Price Volvo and ask to speak to Jason Gatson. Tell him Brian from Greenways Car Care sent you. I have purchased multiple cars from them and their prices were unbeatable for me. When picking up the xc60 I reached out to dealers in NY,NJ,PA, DE,MD, VA, MA (all areas im in monthly) and they beat every one of them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sorry for the thread hijack but for dealer accolades I have to say that I had a great experience with Riley Volvo in Stamford, CT. They came in below my lowball offer. I was looking at identical vehicles at multiple dealerships and they just blew away everybody else, no tricks. Other dealers would quote a low price and then not honor it, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in Maryland..best price by far for me was from Oursmann in Bethesda....I think they just rotate you gives the lower price each week,lol I drove to Annanpolis and they were not even in the ballpark...
Gotcha - Ourisman gave me the second best quote, but it was about $80/month higher than Annapolis Volvo. Aside from higher price, I couldn't get the numbers from my leasing model to match what Ourisman quoted me - there were clearly some hidden numbers in their quote that they weren't being honest about. Meanwhile, using the numbers Annapolis Volvo gave me, my model matched their monthly payment EXACTLY.

But I would imagine that you're right in general - it's all about which dealer wants to just move cars more any given day.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Where in NJ? Is taking a trip into the poconos, pa too far? If not reach out to Ray Price Volvo and ask to speak to Jason Gatson. Tell him Brian from Greenways Car Care sent you. I have purchased multiple cars from them and their prices were unbeatable for me. When picking up the xc60 I reached out to dealers in NY,NJ,PA, DE,MD, VA, MA (all areas im in monthly) and they beat every one of them.
I second, Ray Prive Volvo is awesome. Have been dealing with the same sales woman for 14 years. Maria Mordente really goes out of her way for you! She sells Volvo, Mazda, and Honda.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am looking at 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription with MSRP of 59,440. They offered $52,440 or $7000 off MSRP. I was hoping to get them to $49,000. Any tips on negotiating a bit lower and / or if it matters to them wether I lease, finance, or pay cash ?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am looking at 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription with MSRP of 59,440. They offered $52,440 or $7000 off MSRP. I was hoping to get them to $49,000. Any tips on negotiating a bit lower and / or if it matters to them wether I lease, finance, or pay cash ?
Is that before or after incentives? 11.8% off pre-incentives is a pretty aggressive deal. 11.8% off post-incentives is not.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Cash is worthless. Never negotiate with cash.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts