SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Its possible to disconnect the speakers from the Head Unit and connect them to another Amp that i can buy? I would be without radio & cd but i would have music from the external Amp.

Is it possible? My system is the Basic one, from 2007

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Absolutely, but you'll need to keep the stock head unit or relocated it. The head unit is fiber optic and is your main control for air con and also has to be hooked up for your gauges to function properly.

If your C30 has a factory amp, it is located behind the right speaker in the back seat. You can run those speaker wires to an aftermarket amp to pair in a bigger sub, or you can disconnect them and wire up a different headunit.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?275841-Help-where-exactly-are-the-speaker-wires-fed-from

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

I will discard the CD Player and the Radio. I know i have to keep the stock HU because of the other functions. What i have in mind, its to disconnect the speakers from the HU, and connect it to a external AMP, so then i can use AUX and input other source.

I have the MY07 model and my audio system it's the Basic system (Performance), so from what i've read i don't have any AMP, it's built-in on the Head Unit. The speakers are connected directly to the Head Unit (if the amp is in there) ? I just need to disconnect it and connect to my external AMP ?

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
I have the MY07 model and my audio system it's the Basic system (Performance), so from what i've read i don't have any AMP, it's built-in on the Head Unit. The speakers are connected directly to the Head Unit (if the amp is in there) ? I just need to disconnect it and connect to my external AMP ?
I'm not sure.... I had the Basic system on my 2004.5 S40 and it still had a trunk amp.
Only way to really be sure it to start tearing things apart. :D

I'm no audio guru, these cars are too complicated for me to bother trying to learn about all that... Plus I'd rather listen to the engine than music. But the OP of the thread I referenced above should have some good pointers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts